Re: Level 10 gardening (no cheats) why can't my sim purchase rare seeds/live mod

by CGrant56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Can't buy seeds on planter/computer (Gardening Level 10)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Jungle and Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach gardening level 10, no cheats/mods and try to purchase rare seeds in live mode from computer and planters
What happens when the bug occurs? No option to purchase rare seeds is there on the computer or if I select planting boxes in live mode. I've not used cheats/mods to level up
What do you expect to see? An option to purchase rare seeds in live mode from computer and planters
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Computer issue resolved, used 'purchase seeds' independent option (not in Order...). Planter still does not work. Bought rare seeds in Build/Buy successfully.

Message 1 of 21 (20,093 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Level 10 gardening (no cheats) why can't my sim purchase rare seeds/live mod

[ Edited ]
Champion

@nickienok I am on Mac, so there is a possibility I am seeing different options than you, but for my level 10 gardener this is what I see:

If I click on the planters (indoor greenhouse) I only see these options. The purchase Seasonal Seeds option does not include rare seed packets.
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.08.50 PM.png

If I click on the computer and click 'More Choices once (you may need to twice, as @CGrant56 mentioned) I see these options. You then want to click on "Purchase Seeds" (not "Order") - also as CGrant56 recommended...
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.09.43 PM.png
Now this purchase window opens when clicking "Purchase Seeds". This is where you purchase rare seeds on the computer. 
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.10.03 PM.png
You can also purchase rare seeds in Build/Buy if your gardener has the appropriate skill level (10):
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.19.46 PM.png

I'm not sure why you can't purchase the rare seeds through the planters.

Edit: I also noticed that my level 7 gardeners have more seed purchasing options on the planters (the "Purchase Seeds" option: uncommon fruits and magical plants and other plant options) that seem to be missing from my level 10 gardeners. The level 10 gardeners only have garlic and the four seasonal seed packets (the "Purchase Seeds" option is gone, which is where the rare seeds would also appear). I do not see the Sixam or Vampire seed options that I see above on @PoptartJuniper 's planter, but I am assuming this is due to the fact that none of my sims have been involved in vampire lore or activity, and have not visited Sixam or been involved with Aliens. (Aside from being abducted). I saw the same results in planter options for my (max) Scientist (level 7 gardener) and Space Ranger (level 10 gardener).

Please let us know if you're able to find the rare seeds in these locations mentioned above (on the computer). Thank you!
Note: I own all packs, and have no Mods or CC.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 9 of 21 (19,856 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

@nickienok  The option to buy rare seeds is found in a separate option to "Purchase Seeds"  on the computer.  It is not under the Order menu.  And it is not on the planters.  Once you have a high gardening level, uncommon and rare seeds will show up in that list.

Message 2 of 21 (19,993 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you but that is my problem. I am level 10 but no option to buy rare seeds is appearing on the computer or the planters.

Message 3 of 21 (19,992 Views)

Hero

@nickienok  There is no separate option to buy rare seeds.  It is included under the purchase seeds option.  Do you see uncommon seeds on the list and rare seeds are not showing up?

Message 4 of 21 (19,985 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm only seeing purchase seasonal seeds on the computer and then fall, spring, summer, winter etc no rare seeds. Theres no rare option anywhere under purchase seeds or the order menu? The planters give me purchase seasonal seeds (no rare option) or purchase garlic seeds, that's it? No rare seeds anywhere.

Thanks for trying to help.

Message 5 of 21 (19,968 Views)

Hero

@nickienok  From what you just said, I think you may be looking in the wrong place.  Purchase Seeds is a separate option that is on the computer.  You have to click "More Choices" twice as it is usually on the last page of the computer menus.  It is not under the Order menu.  

Message 6 of 21 (19,965 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok. I will try that again, just in case I missed it. I'm sure it is missing though. I'll let you know tomorrow. Thank you very much.

Message 7 of 21 (19,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@nickienok  I could duplicate this. My level 10 gardener both a YA and an Elder had no purchase options for rare seeds at the planter. They could purchase them from the computer and from build mode, just not the planter.

Can you please edit your bug report to include the version of your game. You find your Game version from the PS4 home screen by highlighting Sims 4, pressing the options button, then selecting either "Information" or "Update History"

Can you also please delete all the template forms from the comment field at the bottom. They are unnecessary. You can simply type "Nothing more to add" if there's no more information to give.

The Sims™ 4_20200305175036.jpg

Message 8 of 21 (19,906 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@nickienok I am on Mac, so there is a possibility I am seeing different options than you, but for my level 10 gardener this is what I see:

If I click on the planters (indoor greenhouse) I only see these options. The purchase Seasonal Seeds option does not include rare seed packets.
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.08.50 PM.png

If I click on the computer and click 'More Choices once (you may need to twice, as @CGrant56 mentioned) I see these options. You then want to click on "Purchase Seeds" (not "Order") - also as CGrant56 recommended...
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.09.43 PM.png
Now this purchase window opens when clicking "Purchase Seeds". This is where you purchase rare seeds on the computer. 
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.10.03 PM.png
You can also purchase rare seeds in Build/Buy if your gardener has the appropriate skill level (10):
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.19.46 PM.png

I'm not sure why you can't purchase the rare seeds through the planters.

Edit: I also noticed that my level 7 gardeners have more seed purchasing options on the planters (the "Purchase Seeds" option: uncommon fruits and magical plants and other plant options) that seem to be missing from my level 10 gardeners. The level 10 gardeners only have garlic and the four seasonal seed packets (the "Purchase Seeds" option is gone, which is where the rare seeds would also appear). I do not see the Sixam or Vampire seed options that I see above on @PoptartJuniper 's planter, but I am assuming this is due to the fact that none of my sims have been involved in vampire lore or activity, and have not visited Sixam or been involved with Aliens. (Aside from being abducted). I saw the same results in planter options for my (max) Scientist (level 7 gardener) and Space Ranger (level 10 gardener).

Please let us know if you're able to find the rare seeds in these locations mentioned above (on the computer). Thank you!
Note: I own all packs, and have no Mods or CC.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 9 of 21 (19,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@nickienok I tested this and it seems that the entire purchase seeds menu disappears from the planter (for me it also disappeared from the computer) once you hit level 10 gardening (I did have to use cheats to test this but as others are seeing the same, given the pictures and I leveled up step by step, I don't think that's an issue)

For the computer it seems to move from inside the order menu to an option outside the order menu which I think is also a bug.

You should be able to still get them through Build Mode as others have pointed out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (19,806 Views)