Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [CL] [DU] Bike blocking entrance to apartment/dorms

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover University, Seasons, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and use the elevator to go downstairs
What happens when the bug occurs? If I try to make any sim use this elevator they are unable to go downstairs and have the thought bubble where they complain about something blocking their way.
What do you expect to see? The sim should use the elevator.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the Seasons expansion pack.

I don't know if the Seasons pack is responsible, and I've seen other posts blaming it on the gnomes from harvest festival, but I started the load on the last day of fall, and they are now in winter, so harvest festival did not occur. 

If my sim or any other sim tries to go down in the elevator they are unable to, and wave their hand with the thought bubble saying they're unable to perform the action. Other elevators (not in this apartment) do work. I have tried debugging the object. There is nothing in the room next to it which is going into the wall which may block the elevator. The sims can walk straight out into the corridor directly in front of the elevator. This is very frustrating as my sims cant go anywhere unless I use the travel option. I have and have never had mods or any CC. 

I know there are a few threads saying the same thing, but all were mod users who solved it by getting rid of mods. Please help!! 

Message 5 of 7 (2,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim is unable to go downstairs in elevator (City Living)

Hero
@pollyharley Someone else had a bike that was blocking the entrance to the building.

Did you never have a harvestfest ? Maybe it's something else that's placed closely to the elevator that's blocking.

Could you post a screenshot of your apartment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (2,346 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Sims can’t leave apartment

★★★ Newbie

I’m playing Sims 4 on a PC and starting today my sims won’t leave their apartment. They can leave if they travel from the phone or are going to class, but if I try to get them to go downstairs using the elevator or go for a jog they go into the edge of a room and act like there’s something in the way. Sometimes the bubbles show an object as if it’s in the way but if I remove the object they still can’t get out. A neighbour sim came round and now can’t leave because of this issue. I’ve been playing with this family in this household for a while and haven’t had a problem before. I’ve tried repairing the game and no luck. Anyone who might know how to fix this please help.

Message 1 of 7 (2,431 Views)

Re: Sims can’t leave apartment

★★★ Newbie
@netelie03 Not sure if this is relevant but it started after one of my sims left their bicycle (discover university pack) outside the apartment building downstairs after biking home from somewhere and suddenly couldn’t go downstairs to retrieve it. Maybe it’s blocking the place where they appear when they go downstairs??? But I have no way of moving it
Message 2 of 7 (2,426 Views)

Hero
@netelie03 The bike sounds like a reasonable explanation for the issue. Can you switch to the sim that left it and retrieve it ?

If he's stuck in the apartment, try the cheat testingcheats on and then shift click somewhere close to the bike and choose teleport.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (2,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thanks for the help! Moving the bike fixed the issue.
Message 4 of 7 (2,360 Views)

Hero
@pollyharley Someone else had a bike that was blocking the entrance to the building.

Did you never have a harvestfest ? Maybe it's something else that's placed closely to the elevator that's blocking.

Could you post a screenshot of your apartment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,347 Views)

★ Novice

Omg!! There were two bikes blocking the building! I teleported her there so she could put both in her inventory and now they can use the elevator freely. Thank you so much!! You're a life saver. I never even thought to look at the entrance of the building. I was wondering where her bike had gone!

Message 7 of 7 (2,332 Views)