Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [CD] Simstagram Celebrity Achievement Not being Awarded

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1:67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars, Eco and some of the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Just not getting the achievement unlocked.
What do you expect to see? The achievement unlocked and awarded points for it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have 1696 simstagram followers but the simstagram achievement of having 1500 is still not being rewarded. I have tried repairing my game and it didn’t help. I received the achievements for having 50 and 250 simstagram followers but not the last tier of 1500. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (1,962 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simstagram Celebrity Achievement Not being Awarded

Hero
@victoria_cat409 Yes, on the computer you can check for followers and it should give you the pet as an option.

It might be an oversight that it only works for pets cause I think simstagraming Sims was added with a later pack ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (1,891 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
Same with me. I've gotten past that amount many times and my 25 and 250 have unlocked. I should also mention that I've gotten 1500 as a sim and also with the separate counter when you "simstagram pet" (it doesn't keep a total but I kept track).
Message 2 of 14 (1,927 Views)

Hero
@victoria_cat409 Just tested this in my game and got all three achievements fine.

Are you guys using a cat or a dog ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (1,916 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am using a dog but I have also been simstagraming my sim. Am I only supposed to be using the dog? I got the first two tiers simstagraming both. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,909 Views)

Hero
@victoria_cat409 Not sure really. How many followers does the dog have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,906 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am not sure how to check that.? I think I may have been doing it wrong. I thought you had to take the picture then simstagram the actual picture but I just noticed that when you simstagram the dog it adds followers for just the dog but not every time you do it. Is there a way to check how many followers he has total? It’s odd that the actual sim worked for the first two tiers but not the last tier though. 

Message 6 of 14 (1,898 Views)

Hero
@victoria_cat409 Yes, on the computer you can check for followers and it should give you the pet as an option.

It might be an oversight that it only works for pets cause I think simstagraming Sims was added with a later pack ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,892 Views)

★ Apprentice

I figured it out. I had to check it on the computer under social networking and I was able to get him 1500 followers. I did notice that this achievement never pops up like the other ones when I complete it. I had to go in and check out my achievement page to see if it was awarded. Thank you so much for the help. 

Message 8 of 14 (1,890 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks, I didn't know you can check. I was able to get the achievement. I realized the problem was that the notifications weren't matching the followers that my pet was actually gaining. It wasn't off by much but that accounts for why I thought I should have achieved it (I used a calculator and tallied the notification amounts) when I technically had more followers left to go. I just had to keep going a bit longer. Thanks for your help!

Message 9 of 14 (1,882 Views)

Achievement Glitches

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs , island living, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, vintage glamour, my first pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the easiest way would be to have the sims post to their simstagram stories. the achievements for those are not unlocking.
What happens when the bug occurs? So when I try to get the achievements for the simstagram stories, its not giving it to me when i complete the amount of followers required. I got to the 250 followers mark , and I still didn't get either the 25 followers achievement or the 250 followers achievement. and I have a suspicion it's more than one achievement that's glitching but i haven't tested the others. there was a few like the watch all the tv stations and listen to all the radio stations, that didn't pop up , but that may have been me.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the achievement pop up when I reach the required amount of followers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So when I try to get the achievements for the simstagram stories, its not giving it to me when i complete the amount of followers required. I got to the 250 followers mark , and I still didn't get either the 25 followers achievement or the 250 followers achievement.
and I have a suspicion it's more than one achievement that's glitching but i haven't tested the others. there was a few like the watch all the tv stations and listen to all the radio stations, that didn't pop up , but that may have been me.

Message 10 of 14 (1,799 Views)