[FIXED] Baby bassinet spawn at unreachable places (ocean, off-lot)

by kittikitti

Original Post

Re: Can´t move baby inside

★★★ Newbie

Were you ever able to fix the issue? I am having the exact same problem right now as well.

Message 21 of 61 (1,434 Views)

Re: Can´t move baby inside

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RikkiLe You can try the 'reset' options listed, but there's a bug report that you may want to check out. I did some testing on the bug report (see comment #5) - is that like what you're facing? If it is, please 'me too' the post and add your information there:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Baby-bassinet-spawn-at-unreachable-places-ocean-off...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 61 (1,421 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Baby bassinet spawn at unreachable places (ocean, off-lot)

Champion (Retired)

@kittikitti 
Oh no!!! Were there already bassinets on the lot before the babies were born?

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 23 of 61 (1,412 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

no this was after the first issue. sim had new baby (ies; turns out she had twins) one was in house, one was in the ocean close to where the other one was - only this time you couldn't see or find the baby AT ALL without clicking on her face on the list of house members at the bottom; (the first time this happened you could see the bassinet in the ocean with baby in it)  she also didn't show up if you switched lots .. it was empty.  really strange. I ended up moving them to a  different lot which again only ONE re-spawned. However, when I moved them BACK to the lot they were on, bingo.. both babies appeared in the house. I immediately aged them up! lol.

it's just a really strange bug. i want to say, and i'm pretty sure this is correct, when my sim originally had the babies, both were in the house. when i logged in next time, only one was in the house and the other was in the ocean. like i said a really strange bug.

Message 24 of 61 (1,378 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kittikitti 
A true "child of the ocean"?  Sorry not really funny to have the babies spawn where they cannot be reached.
Your feedback and updates are appreciated. Let's hope a fix can be found soon.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 25 of 61 (1,364 Views)

Baby on corner of empty lot. Unable to remove.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Game Pack, Stuff pack, and expansion pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure. It is located in the middle lot on the right in newcrest.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is just a baby in the corner of the lot that hasn't been built on before.
What do you expect to see? an empty lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The baby can't be removed and repairing the game does not remove the baby. 

Message 26 of 61 (1,317 Views)

Re: Baby on corner of empty lot. Unable to remove.

Hero
@kolapup1 I merged your thread with existing thread on this.

Please see solution post for a workaournd

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 61 (1,285 Views)

ite

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? can see in picture provided
What happens when the bug occurs? the item is stuck and causes new babies to auto go to it
What do you expect to see? would like to remove. would like baby inside
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I moved the house when building it and it shifted the baby bed off the grid slightly. Now I cannot delete it and any new babies automatically go to that one outside. Is there a way to get rid of this? Please help! 

Message 28 of 61 (1,237 Views)

Re: ite

Hero
@KumDumpsterDaddy Merged your post with existing report.

There's some suggestions you can try in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 61 (1,222 Views)

Sim Crib Stuck on the Property Line

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 4 Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, and Romantic Garden Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move out of your current lot when you have an infant in a crib.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to move the crib inside my house. The crib is on the boundary of the property lot and even when I place another crib in the lot my baby won't move into it.
What do you expect to see? I can't move the crib and I can't age up my baby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

I need some major help!! I moved my sim into a bigger property lot so she can have a full house. When I moved I had to babies in cribs and one crib spawned in the house, while the other crib spawned on the property line. I could age up the baby that was in my house, but I couldn't age up the baby outside my house. Both kids eventually aged up, but my sim had twins again and the same thing happened. I tried to move the baby with a variety of cheats, but then I accidentally got the baby taken away from my sim. Can someone please help me figure out how to move or delete the crib and if I can possibly get my baby back from child services?

Thank you!!

Message 30 of 61 (1,131 Views)