[FIXED] Baby bassinet spawn at unreachable places (ocean, off-lot)

by kittikitti

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Baby bassinet spawn at unreachable places (ocean, off-lot)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020 plus latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, 4 seasons, city living, get together, get to work, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, outdoor retreat, my first pet stuff, backyard stuff, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff kids room stuff, romantic garden, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect pets and luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i guess you would have to try it yourself - see SheriGR reply to my original post.
What happens when the bug occurs? the baby is kept in the bassinet, in my case, in the ocean just outside the lot line -baby can be fed and changed and shown off; but CANNOT be moved into the house or aged up.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the baby transferred to the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

re: #53919915 case i discussed this with EA help last night/early this morning and followed the tech's instructions.. and logged back in to see that the problem still exists.

PROBLEM IS:

my character had twins. one twin is in the house, the other is in the bassinet in the ocean. I cannot move it. i followed his instructions. didn't work. so this morning I totally cleared the lot and moved them to a new one and basically started over BEFORE she gave birth. HA HA  joke was on me. She had her twins, one in the new house on the new lot, the other twin in the bassinet in the ocean OVER BY THE ORIGINAL HOUSE LOCATION THAT IS NO LONGER THERE. i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. I EVENTUALLY can get my character to change diaper and feed but she has to swim from where she lives now to the old location and wade out into the ocean to get to the baby. LMAOOOO I am dead serious here. I am stumped. I can't "kill the kid off", I can't ignore her and hope she is "rescued" because no one can find her to take her and i can't age her up.. nada.. just change her diaper and feed her (can cuddle, pick her up to show her off, she goes to daycare like her sibling.. all that)  BUT her bed stays put in the Ocean.

anyone have any ideas.. ?? i don't have a clue HELP.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 9 of 61 (37,952 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my baby is off the lot and i cant interact with him

Hero

Moving to a new lot with twin babies will no longer ostracize one of the twins at the edge of the world (flat-worlders rejoice!)

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 61 of 61 (7,629 Views)

All Replies

Can´t move baby inside

★★ Novice

HELP! 

I have a really weird issue with my game. I had a sim who had a baby. There wasn´t room in her small apartment for the baby, so I moved her into an empty lot to build a new house. Problem is the crib was placed outside the lot for some reason. This means, that I can´t move the crib inside my house. I tried to move out of the lot and into a new lot - but the baby stayed behind in the grib. I had to make the baby become older. The crib, you ask? Still standing next to my lot. When my sim had another baby - the new baby ended up in the same crib away from my house. 
- I have tried turning the game off also AND tried the "bb.moveobject" -cheat. NOTHING WORKS! 

- Should I just let my baby live outside in the snow or is there a way to get out off this mess? :-) 

Message 1 of 61 (37,809 Views)

Re: Can´t move baby inside

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tanja_bmielskov Please try...

Please let us know if any of this worked. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 61 (37,776 Views)

baby stuck in bassinet in the Ocean and cannot move to home. see below.

★★★★★ Novice

re: #53919915 case i discussed this with EA help last night/early this morning and followed the tech's instructions.. and logged back in to see that the problem still exists.

PROBLEM IS:

my character had twins. one twin is in the house, the other is in the bassinet in the ocean. I cannot move it. i followed his instructions. didn't work. so this morning I totally cleared the lot and moved them to a new one and basically started over BEFORE she gave birth. HA HA  joke was on me. She had her twins, one in the new house on the new lot, the other twin in the bassinet in the ocean OVER BY THE ORIGINAL HOUSE LOCATION THAT IS NO LONGER THERE. i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. I EVENTUALLY can get my character to change diaper and feed but she has to swim from where she lives now to the old location and wade out into the ocean to get to the baby. LMAOOOO I am dead serious here. I am stumped. I can't "kill the kid off", I can't ignore her and hope she is "rescued" because no one can find her to take her and i can't age her up.. nada.. just change her diaper and feed her (can cuddle, pick her up to show her off, she goes to daycare like her sibling.. all that)  BUT her bed stays put in the Ocean.

anyone have any ideas.. ?? i don't have a clue HELP.. kittikitti

Message 3 of 61 (37,970 Views)

Re: baby stuck in bassinet in the Ocean and cannot move to home. see below.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kittikitti DId you try moving lots after the baby was born ? Maybe to somewhere outside of Sulani ?

Please also create a bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 61 (37,950 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No didn't try that.but I will. Thanks for the suggestion. I have now moved just the other twin and mom to the location where the baby is stuck at. I aged up the one baby, to a toddler; but still have a baby that can't be aged up i guess because its in the ocean? strangest thing i've ever had happen. you think of anything else I'm all ears. and i will make a bug report. Standard smile
Message 5 of 61 (37,944 Views)

Hero
@kittikitti Maybe just wait until they auto.age ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 61 (37,941 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kittikitti  I've tested some things that I think may be related to your issue. If you would be willing to make a bug report on the issue the information can be added there as well (either by merging this thread into the report or by adding it there also). This is what I found:

I experimented with a family with one baby from the gallery, and with EQ's Nanny Patrol (includes 3 babies)...

In Newcrest I tested on three lots:

• On Civic Cliffs  with both households whenever I placed them on this lot:
    – The household with one baby had their bassinet spawn on the boundary line and the bassinet was stuck.
    Civic Cliffs 2.jpg
    – The household with three babies had two of their bassinets spawn on the boundary line and those two bassinets were stuck. One of the bassinets was not on the boundary line of the lot and it was not stuck  in build mode it was moveable. 
    Civic Cliffs.jpg

• With the Nanny Patrol (3 babies household) if I placed them on Cookout Lookout or Beech Byway all three bassinets spawned by a mailbox but within the boundaries of the lot and were moveable in build mode, as expected.
  • On Civic Cliffs  I only tested with the Nanny Patrol (3 babies household) for this:  If there was a home on the lot, the household with three babies had all three bassinets spawn inside a room in the home as expected.
    indoors.jpg

In Sulani I tested on two lots:

• On Sapphire Shores  I only tested with the Nanny Patrol (3 babies household)
    – The household with three babies had two of their bassinets spawn on the boundary line and those two bassinets were stuck. One of the bassinets was not on the boundary line of the lot and it was not stuck  in build mode it was moveable. 
    Sapphire Shores.jpg
  • On KeyPoint  I only tested with the Nanny Patrol (3 babies household)
    – With the Nanny Patrol (3 babies household) if I placed them on KeyPoint all three bassinets spawned by a mailbox but within the boundaries of the lot and were moveable in build mode, as expected.

(Stuck = the mom can care for the baby, but the baby lives in the bassinet and if the mom is holding the baby I cannot delete or move the bassinet. (I even tried the 'set as head'/debug combo thing and it would not work with or without the baby in the bassinet.)
(Bassinet(s) in all cases were spawned by where the mailbox was spawned on the lot when the household was moved in.)

These are all of the lots I tested, but it was enough for me to think there's a bug for at least these lots for this type of placement behavior, plus it it possible there could be additional lots with the issue.

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

Message 7 of 61 (37,903 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thanks for checking this out. i appreciate it. I did file a bug report, but i don't think it went thru. i was having issues with the submit button yesterday. Frown I will try again today.

do i just attach your notes or "how do I make them all part of 1 report"? 

thanks again,

Message 8 of 61 (37,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kittikitti Thank you for adding the new pic! If you just want to message me here about the bug report I can check on getting this post merged into it or I can add my notes there. No worries. I have recently been having issues when I make a bug report getting the 'submit' button to come up when I add any images or maybe even text in the comments (not sure if text only would trigger it as in all cases for me I was adding an image. I found that if I put my curser at the top of the comments box and hit enter one to three times the 'submit' button finally came up. You could try that. If you still have issues getting the submit button to come up  please let us know. Thanks!

Message 10 of 61 (37,861 Views)