Bassinet is stuck on a border line

by roomzthedj

Original Post

Re: Sim Crib Stuck on the Property Line

Hero
I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Also try the workaround in the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 61 (1,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I saw this thread before I made my original post and none of the suggestions in this thread helped me fix my problem. Do you happen to know of another solution I can try to fix the crib at the edge of my sims lot?

Thank you!

Message 32 of 61 (1,563 Views)

Hero
@Doctork11 So moving to another house did not make the baby crib come with you ?

Unfortunately, without mods I'm unsure of a method to get rid of the crib that's already spawned.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 61 (1,539 Views)
Highlighted

Bassinet is stuck on a border line

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? the latest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansions except Discover University and Island living, Spa day, parenthood, dine out, outdoor retreat, Laundry day, movie hangout, my first pet, nifty knitting, tiny living, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move an adult and a baby onto an empty lot, the bassinet is stuck on the boundary line and will be stuck on that boundary no matter where you move!
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims can interact with the bassinet BUT it cannot be moved, cannot be sold once the baby has aged up, is generally just stuck.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to have a bassinet on the lot in question, not four lots away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here are some screenshots from live mode because you literally can't access the bassinet in buy/build mode. The sims had moved onto the lot half of the bassinet is on, in an effort to solve this problem, the family moved. The baby stayed. 

Message 34 of 61 (1,491 Views)

Re: Bassinet is stuck on a border line

Hero
@roomzthedj I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Try if the workaround in the solution post helps you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 61 (1,470 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Baby bassinet spawn at unreachable places (ocean, off-lot)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same issue i dont have any mods or custom contents i moved to a different lot and my baby was outside my lot had to age up to move the child and the crib is still there cant delete it help please

Message 36 of 61 (1,396 Views)

★★ Guide

If there is anyone experiencing this issue that already uses mods, or is willing to do so, I would recommend making use of T.O.O.L. by TwistedMexi. It allows you, in Live mode, to move objects freely on or off Lot. That way it would allow you to select the stuck bassinet and move it back within the Lot boundaries.
You wouldn't need to keep the mod in your game afterwards if you didn't want to either.

Message 37 of 61 (1,367 Views)

Baby Spawned Outside Neighborhood

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Journey to Batuu and Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure, have a sim go to the hospital to have a baby without putting a bassinet down first?
What happens when the bug occurs? Parent sim went to the hospital to have a baby, returned, baby and it's bassinet were nowhere to be found. When I click on her portrait at the bottom of the screen, it brings me all the way across the neighborhood (Grims Quarry in Evergreen Harbor) to one of the random set dressing houses at the boundary of the neighborhood. I can't even see her, let alone have a sim go feed her, rock her, etc. Baby is not interactable in any way.
What do you expect to see? The baby bassinet to spawn in the house, or on the lot, or at the very least somewhere in the neighborhood where I can access and have sims care for her.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After this happened I attempted to place a bassinet from household inventory, exited into manage worlds, came back to see if it fixed anything, but the baby was still stuck and the additional bassinet I placed vanished. Turned on testing cheats, entered in the resetsim FirstName LastName cheat multiple times, kept returning "Sim not found." messages. Truly just bizarre stuff. 

Definitely the weirdest thing to happen to me in this game so far lol.

I'm not sure if there's a fix to this or if I should just revert back to a previous version of the save from ~30 mins prior.

Message 38 of 61 (1,337 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had this issue at the caldera camp lot in Sulani. I wish I'd have thought of this before messing about it would have saved so much time. I ended up placing bassinets, moving the family out, moving in a random (moving the original family back in did nothing, still spawned in the same place), having the random delete the rogue bassinet (now empty), evicting him, moving my family back in, babies spawned in the bassinets I'd placed *phew*, baby Luna was saved!

Message 39 of 61 (1,096 Views)

Lost child living in stonest

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Base:1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work Get together City living Cats & dogs Seasons Get famous Island living Discover University Eco lifestyle Snowy escape Cottage living - Outdoor retreat Spa Day Vampires Parenthood Jungle adventure StrangerVille Realm of magic Journey to Batuu Dream Home Decorator - Perfect patio Cool kitchen Movie hangout Kids room Backyard Vintage glamour Bowling night Fitness Toddler Laundry day Moschino Tiny living Nifty knitting Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give me my baby back!
What happens when the bug occurs? This is the first time I have had a child while living in the apartment complex.
What do you expect to see? I expect access to my children that I just gave birth to when living in apartment 3 or four.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I came back from the hospital with a son but can not access him because the game put him in an apartment that I can’t get into. 

See two cribs one empty, from previously lost child. 

Message 40 of 61 (994 Views)