Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [V] [GF] No touching quirk prevents Vampires turning

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, every game pack besides Spa Day and Parenthood, Spooky Stuff pack, and Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not Sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I offer to turn or forcefully turn sims, it cancels the action mid-way, causing it to stop.
What do you expect to see? Successfully turning sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No matter the amount of times I try, sims will never let my sim turn them into a vampire... I encountered this problem today.

Message 1 of 19 (4,803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Can't turn Vampires

★★★ Apprentice

It worked! The querk removal potion removed the no touching querk and I have no more problems!

View in thread

Message 11 of 19 (6,250 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

@walleto I just tested this on my end and not having any problems..

12-21-18_9-28-54 AM.png

Message 2 of 19 (4,773 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That's strange... When I do it, my sim looks disappointed after the interaction.

Message 3 of 19 (4,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

EVERY time I try to turn a sim into a vampire, it just cancels. The other sim allows my sim to suck plasma, but then the interaction stops! Even if I forcefully do it, it still doesn't work. Also, I am sure this is the vampire creation interaction. Is this a bug or part of the game?

Message 4 of 19 (4,749 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (4,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Did that, but no fix. I tried a new save and it seems to work. I think it's just my save. How can I fix my save? I have repaired my game via Origin, but to no avail.

Message 6 of 19 (4,722 Views)

Hero
Could you try if it works in a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (4,698 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Actually, it seems to only be one sim who is unable to successfully turn other sims...

Message 8 of 19 (4,694 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried a new save with a new vampire, and it worked. I tried the same save with my original vampire, and it didn't work.

Message 9 of 19 (4,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Is there like a trait or buff that disables a vampire sim from turning others? All of my sim's other vampiric abilities can be used. Do popularity querks such as No Touching do anything to prevent it? I wouldn't think so, but I got the querk around the time I couldn't fully turn other sims.

Message 10 of 19 (4,695 Views)