Re: [TO TEST] [V] Can't turn Vampires

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

It worked! The querk removal potion removed the no touching querk and I have no more problems!

Message 11 of 19 (6,330 Views)

Hero

Hi @walleto

great work on figuring this out.

I'm going to put this on the list cause this can be a problem and could be a scenario they didn't think of.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (1,594 Views)

Vampire not able to turn another sim into vampire if vampire is celebrity

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire who is a celebrity.
What happens when the bug occurs? The celebrity vampire cannot turn another sim into a vampire if he / she has the Celebrity Quirk "No Touching!". Then the vampire will only bite the respective other sim but he / she won't offer their wrist to the other sim and the sim will not be turned into a vampire. Due to the quirk, he / she seems to be too vain and hates it when the other sim would consume the vampire's plasma. When I removed the quirk with Quirk-B-Gone, the vampire was able to turn another sim into a vampire.
What do you expect to see? I don't know, maybe it is by design.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My vampire sim who is also a celebrity is unable to turn another sim into a vampire if he has the quirk "No Touching!". When I removed the quirk, he was able to do it. I even tried it at night, but with the quirk, it is not possible. The vampire will only bite the other sim but nothing happens then and he shows a thought bubble that he hates physical contact.

Message 13 of 19 (1,499 Views)

Re: Vampire not able to turn another sim into vampire if vampire is celebrity

Hero
@Zack4358 Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 19 (1,484 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [V] [GF] No touching quirk prevents Vampires turning

★ Apprentice

Oh my gosh, I've been having the same problem, and it really is due to the no touching quirk! Thanks so much!

Message 15 of 19 (1,083 Views)

Cannot turn humans into vampires

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, strangerville, realm of magic, spooky stuff, laundry day, vintage glamour, get together, luxury party, seasons, dine out, island living, cats and dogs, my first pet, paranormal, get famous, city living, romantic garden, bowling night, perfect patio, backyard, cottage living, jungle adventure, snowy escape.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to turn a human sim into a vampire.
What happens when the bug occurs? I attempted to use 'offer to turn' or 'turn into vampire' to make some new humans into vampires for the vampire family aspiration, she will begin the process and bite them but then doesnt bite her wrist and give them the vamp blood. And she gets a thought bubble with that sim marked with the red circle with a line through it.
What do you expect to see? The vampire completing the 'turn into vampire' process to turn humans.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Heres a video of my sim attempting and failing at turning humans into vampires.

https://youtu.be/OYd87qXC24Y

Message 16 of 19 (1,156 Views)

Re: Cannot turn humans into vampires

★★★ Novice

Ive never had this problem before, the entire time ive played the sims on this ps4 turning humans into vamps has always worked.

Message 17 of 19 (1,154 Views)

Hero
@gamelife1776usa Does this happen with every single Sim you try to turn ?

There's a few threads for this with different scenarios:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-V-GF-No-touching-quirk-prevents-Vampires-turning/td...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Vampires-won-t-turn-sim-after-calling-them-to-offer...

Does either apply to you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 19 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict oh no, she does have no touching qerk...ill try to remove it first, maybe that will work.
Last night i tried to turn humans with an old sim on a diff save and a new one on a new save and they both worked. Hopefully it is just that qerk.

@gamelife1776usaI removed the no touching qerk and she was able to finish the turning into vampire process.

[CM - merged consecutive posts]

Message 19 of 19 (1,085 Views)