Re: Sims are taking a lot of time to start their actions.

by crinrict

Original Post

[WORK IN PROGRESS] Sims take a long while to do interactions

[ Edited ]
Hero

I will not be responding to this thread on a regular basis. as I have all the tips I have compiled on this first post. Please do provide as much info as you can though

Issue

Sims stand around idle for a while while waiting to do the command they were given.

Steps to reproduce the issue

Unsure

Info about the issue

• Seems to mostly happen when your computer takes a long while to calculate the command.
  • Happens a lot on lower spec computers
  • Happens a lot on trying to fertilize plants or fish with bait if you have tons of plants in your inventory
  • Happens in large houses
  • Happens if you have tons of custom content and mods and a long played save game.

Things you can try

• Empty out your Sims inventory.
  • Make sure you fulfill the minimum requirements of the game
  • Reduce the amount of mods and cc you use
  • Play in a smaller house with less art pieces and stuff lying around

Information Needed

If you have this issue, it would be great if you could provide the following information:

• Basic Information about your computer (CPU, Operating System, Amount of RAM, Graphics Card, Hard Drive Space). This is not to blame your computer for the issue but to see what kinds of systems this issue is occurring on)
  • Screenshot of your graphics options
  • Information about your custom content. How many GB of Downloads do you have ?
  • Please add the following files to a .rar or .zip archive and then upload them to a 1-click hosting service (e.g. dropbox). These files can all be found in the following folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ 
    After uploading, please post the link to the file in this thread.
    • the entire saves folder

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 57 (19,836 Views)

Long Pause Before Completing An Action..Then Cancel???

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi! I have a similar issue (dunno if its worth making it in a new thread), the action is not canceled, but there r looooong pauses between everything a sims does. For instance, i give the order "grab a meal" so the sims walk to the meal, Pause, grab the plate, pause, walk to a sit, pause, sit, pause, start eating pause, grab a bite, pause..... Every pause are like 30 minutes sims time. i had sims that die starving and from extenuating for never compliting an action, cos it takes soo much time that they pee on theirselves, fall sleep, miss work... Their bars are most of the time in red cos it means hours of the day just to go to the toilet.

I have this issue since te update before Get together.

Message 1 of 57 (15,227 Views)

Re: Long Pause Before Completing An Action..Then Cancel???

Hero

Are you using mods or custom content ? Do you have lots of stuff in your inventory.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 57 (15,217 Views)

Sims are taking a lot of time to start their actions

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

After the 7/01 patch my Sims are taking a lot of time to start their actions.

Normally we put the actions in qeue and the Sims suddenly start a new one when they finished what we choose to do before but that's not happening.
They are taking between ten or fifteen seconds to start almost everything and because of this some actions are being canceled but not always.

After all I noticed some conditions to happen:
- Have more than 4 Sims in house.
- If the house is too big. For example two floors above ou below in a 40/30 lot or larger.
- Community lots are free from this bug.
- Visiting another house above the 40/30 don't stop the bug. Just if visit alone with no friends or family.

I have some examples in the videos below.
The game is not paused.
I don't have ANY CC or Mod.

Video 1:

https://youtu.be/PxbPBEnrY74

Video 2:

https://youtu.be/8TRL3BeS1kg

Message 3 of 57 (15,262 Views)

Hero

Could you post your specs for these kinds of reports ?

I'm not sure what to do with this yet as it's a performance issue and not a bug per se.

Amount of stuff in your inventory has a big influence on this kind of behavior.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 57 (15,239 Views)

★ Apprentice

I dont use mods nor even cc. I keep the inventaries almost empty

Message 5 of 57 (15,195 Views)

Hero

Hi @FabyRuth2

I have split your thread now and moved to the general forum

I'm listing your thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Performance-Issues-Compiled-List-of-Threads/m-p/5095...

Could you please provide the info asked in that post in here.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 57 (15,166 Views)

Hero

@ceunon20

I've moved your thread to the general Sims forum and listed here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Performance-Issues-Compiled-List-of-Threads/m-p/5095...

If you have any more info to add, please do so.

Please also add the info asked in that post to your thread.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 57 (15,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Are you talking about my computer specs?

GeForce  GTX 765M 2,00GB

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @2.40 GHz

16,00 GB RAM 

I think it's not the performance at all.

This problem is so similar from another one here in forum what I can't find the topic anymore.

Sims are getting stuck when they start their actions. Like in this videos from greenXen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnHJJHo71qE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnHJJHo71qE

Maybe you can merge them.

Message 9 of 57 (15,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

No, I'm not going to merge. I made a collection thread and I want everyone to have their own thread on this.

I want YOUR video, YOUR specs and YOUR information. Not someone elses.

This is not a bug in the conventional way. Maybe performance is the wrong word but it's not a bug either. It's more of a symptom of something that needs tweeking.

Check the post I made where I linked your thread. That's the info I need.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 57 (15,211 Views)