[ARCHIVED] Autonomy issues

by turkfox

Original Post

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Autonomy issues

Champion (Retired)

Delete the high chairs you have. They seem to cause the most trouble.

To feed the Toddlers use Give food from inventory or place food somewhere and have the Toddler grab it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 81 of 100 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a ton of toddler autonomy issues. Parents will constantly watch or check on the toddlers, and I mean constantly. Even when one sim is busy caring for the toddler, the other one will try to interact with them. My teen, whose energy bar was in the bright red, just woke up to check up on the toddler. It's so annoying! The sims will put the needs of the toddler over their own and not only that, they will actively try to care for the toddler when no care is required. I don't understand it!

Message 82 of 100 (1,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing the issue with caregivers removing toddlers from highchairs too often after installing today's patch (version 1.36.99)?

If so, please let me know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 83 of 100 (978 Views)

Hero

Bumping this for feedback on the high chairs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 100 (964 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimQARobo

It is better now but if you use the Let out command they will usually place the toddler in the high chair again right after putting them down. Using Pick up and then Put down here works.

They will also occasionally place them in the high chair for no good reason Toddler is not hungry and they don't give them anything to eat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 85 of 100 (956 Views)

Re: Toddlers & Dine Out

★ Guide
If you move (build mode) a dining chair one grid back from a table, a toddler will be able to sit in it, eat, and chat with those at the table. I don't use the high chair at all, I find it to be very annoying. My toddlers eat regular food, I make sure they max their movement skills through exercise (run around, dance). Re: drinks, I'm not sure, but I think the only drink for toddlers is the milk in the green cup (day care, etc.)
Message 86 of 100 (902 Views)

Re: Toddlers & Dine Out

★ Guide

PS: The toddler can 'grab a plate' from a meal on any surface and eat it all by himself. He will also put his empty plate back on a surface when he is finished eating.

Message 87 of 100 (901 Views)

★ Guide

I also don't use the high chairs. They are a nuisance.

Message 88 of 100 (899 Views)

★ Guide
I'm thinking I may stop using the highchair too. Getting the same thing with Sims putting the toddler in the highchair for no reason. Once they apparently just wanted to have him sitting in the chair for a chat!
Message 89 of 100 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo

The main issue I'm having in my game with toddlers is how adult Sims default to watching the kids' channel with a toddler or child (I've even heard reports of them doing this with teens) in the house. I've heard that it's by design for Sims to occasionally invite a toddler or child to watch the kids' channel with them, but this isn't what they're doing. They're watching the show completely on their own with nobody else with them. They VERY frequently do this autonomously. This wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that they always give themselves a bored moodlet when they do this.

Message 90 of 100 (865 Views)