[ARCHIVED] Autonomy issues

by turkfox

Original Post

Re: Bug with Toddler care

Champion (Retired)

@ShinoTypeError

Parents of the toddler is automatically given the caregiver role.

Others in the household can be given the role as well via "Adopt as Care Dependent".

So that isn't why you haven't noticed it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 41 of 100 (1,981 Views)

Re: Bug with Toddler care

★★ Apprentice

Please tell me this will be patched soon I have a toddler that they just pick up then put rite down. I did a fresh install no mods why does ea have such a bad track record with its sims games.

Message 42 of 100 (1,936 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Autonomy issues since toddler update

★★★★★ Novice

The autonomy of sims is totally mess up. My sims are sleeping with the newborn baby in the crib in the same bedroom and the baby is crying of hunger and the sims don't wake up and feed the baby, also they don't change the diaper either of the newborn baby I left in automatic and put 3x faster the game, just to see if the sims will take care of the baby by their own, and no...they don't, they don't care if the new born baby is hunger or needs to change they don't even get the crying baby moodlet.

My sims are really bad parents.

Message 43 of 100 (1,932 Views)

★★ Novice
I had the high chair on lot but then took it out because the thing just never worked, my toddlers kept getting picked up and then put down. I was down but since I removed it I cannot seem to keep any motives filled and now the social services keep trying to take my toddler away from me. I play full autonomy and I don't really like messing with my sims but I am about to just turn autonomy off. Please someone help!!
Message 44 of 100 (1,903 Views)

Re: Nothing Can Be Done with Toddlers

★ Apprentice

This thread basically describes my issues. 

Cheat need is the more reliable and faster way to do stuff where toddlers' needs are concerned otherwise you get things like

Toddler is hungry > Nobody notices > Toddler goes and finds empty plate > Plate is empty so toddler starves

Toddler is hungry > Toddler asks parent for food > Toddler is put in high chair > Food is served > Other family member removes toddler from chair before they can eat > You try again to get them to eat > Another family member picks up toddler and does nothing > Toddler is put back down > Toddler is still hungry > Hunger goes deeper into the red > Cheat need activated

Toddler is hungry and tired > Family member puts toddler to bed, neglecting to feed them > I have to manually cancel the action or wake them > Either cheat need or risk those first two sequences

Worse is when a queue just gets stuck which holds everyone else up so they need resetting

Sim switcher also gets stuck and doesn't keep up with trying to change sims

And for whatever reason, I can't replace broken objects anymore, just repair them

Message 45 of 100 (1,870 Views)

Re: Autonomy issues since toddler update

★ Apprentice

I don't remember Sims 3 having this issue. Had babies and toddlers on there and multiple sims could respond to a sim in need, but they'd sort it out so they don't hold each other up and the sim doesn't die of neglect. I remember I had a baby (maybe a toddler) sim who started crying in their bed and two of the sim's sisters showed up and one dealt with the issue without either holding the other up

Message 46 of 100 (1,872 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me to!

Message 47 of 100 (1,858 Views)

★★ Novice

Sometimes my Sims will not do actions with or without toddlers. Homework, giving baths, not eating, and playing musical chairs. I never had these problems before toddlers. I really appreciate the toddlers, but because of all these problems and more I really can't play the Sims 4. Is this just me?

Message 48 of 100 (1,742 Views)

★★ Novice

And it's not just actions with my toddlers.

Message 49 of 100 (1,742 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This thread is only about Autonomy issues with toddlers. Please create separate threads for each issue you have and describe them in more detail.

One thread per issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 50 of 100 (1,736 Views)