[ARCHIVED] Autonomy issues

by turkfox

Original Post

Re: Autonomy issues since toddler update

Hero

@turkfox

I've tried your save

I do see them attend to toddlers needs when the toddler ask for it (which he does when his needs are low). 

I didn't see the bed issue you were talking about or any excessive autonomy other than that

Have you tried repairing your game to see if it gets better ?

You can also try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 100 (2,662 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Too late, I already nuked the butler type sim.

Message 12 of 100 (2,642 Views)

Nothing Can Be Done with Toddlers

★ Novice

After updating (no custom content or mods are used), I can't get my Sims to complete an action with the toddlers because every person in the game is constantly trying to interact with them.

Example, I select mom to put toddler in high chair. She picks him up, puts him down, dad picks him up to do something else, puts him down, sister picks him up, etc. etc. It's almost as if the queue is cancelled after the toddler is picked up. It doesn't stop if he eventually makes it to the high chair-- someone will take him out and put him on the floor before food is served.

There is also an issue where I can't age up the toddler because the action to help with birthday candles is cancelled as soon as the child is picked up. I guess he will age up automatically at some point, but it sure puts a damper on the birthday parties when everyone is standing around picking him up and putting him down for 5 hours.

No one (besides mom and dad) have the "adopt as care dependent" option selected, so really, they should just back off. ;-)

Message 13 of 100 (2,657 Views)

Bug with Toddler care

★★ Novice

I love the new update and am trying so hard to look past it but my toddler is being neglected and not for the lack of trying.

Most of the time I tell the parents to take care of the child and they just wipe it out for no reason and or pick the toddler up and go to put them to bed.  Example of this,  I will tell 1 or both sims ( after the other one fails to do the task) to feed the toddler and they will put him in the highchair after asking him if he is hungry.  THEN pick him up and put him back down on the floor or take him to bed when hes not even tired. 

Its driving me nuts.  I feel so bad for the little boy ( thank goodness hes not real) but really BIG bug.

I have also noticed with a baby in the house that the adult Sims take more care of the baby then the toddler.... A LOT more.  The other child Sims are the same, as they dont play with the Toddler. 

Anyone else having this problem, or is this family just really screwed up?

Message 14 of 100 (2,658 Views)

Hero

Oh well,

let me know if you have any more issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 100 (2,633 Views)

Re: Nothing Can Be Done with Toddlers

Hero

@sjmc789

Would you be willing to share your save ? If so, could you upload it to the link I've posted above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 100 (2,630 Views)

Re: Bug with Toddler care

Hero

Is this on a vanilla game or are you using cc/mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 100 (2,637 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, I am having the sims doing different things than I wanted or cancelling actions as well. The high chairs are pretty buggy as well. (I have my toddlers feed themselves with adult food off the kitchen counter or floor instead.)

It makes taking care of seven toddlers many times harder than it should be, lol! XD I had to use MotivesCheats because my toddlers would be starving otherwise.
Message 18 of 100 (2,625 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 100 (2,617 Views)

Re: Nothing Can Be Done with Toddlers

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue and it's driving me nuts! My sims constantly flock around the toddlers, constantly checking up on them, picking them up from their high chairs (despite me planning to give them food in a few minutes), placing them in the high chairs (despite them not needing food OR a drink) and watching them. I understand that toddlers do need a lot of attention but surely they can be left in their high chairs for about 10 minutes untill dinner is ready. It's really unneccessary for sims to pick them up and place them down somewhere else and the constant checking up on them is needless as well since I'm keeping a watchful eye on their needs myself, no need for my sims to do that. I mean it would be okay if the sims had nothing better to do but if everyone's priority during a birthday is to pick up and put down toddlers then that's kind of too much. It even went so far that I had to turn off the autonomy to get sims to even remotely be interested in what's going on apart from the toddlers. The thing is, while they're putting them in high chairs or removing them or checking up on them they never have the idea to actually talk or socialize with them. It seems like the toddler's needs is every sim's first priority even when the needs are pretty much full.

Generally I just want them to do something else apart from picking up / putting down and checking up on toddlers. This is a real issue for me and I think the autonomy / frequency of these actions need to be turned down a notch or two. I do have custom content / mods but since it happens to people without that we can assume that it's not the mods causing that issue, it's clearly an autonomy issue created by the toddler patch.

I also think it's disappointing that my sims give the toddlers normal quick meals when there's excellent stuff in the fridge that they could eat instead. 

Message 20 of 100 (2,612 Views)