[ARCHIVED] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims freezing, clock is running

★★★★★ Novice

I guess the count of the objects in the current lot causing this problem. Whenever i start a new game with empty lot or with a lot containing less object, it works smooth. In time i am filling the lot with object and the game starting to lag, sims are freezing, standing like mindless zombies. I don't know. Those were just what i saw in the game.

Message 80 of 302 (1,657 Views)

Standstill bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, seasons, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just randomly occurs
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims go to a standstill doing whatever interaction they are currently performing. It's like the task everyone is doing never ends. Time still passes in game (sims will be late for work/school because they are in an endless loop of cleaning a plate). My sim was repairing a fridge and got stuck doing it (all the other sims on the lot, 2 children, were also stuck eating on the bed), I was clicking on everything trying to get them to move and interact with stuff but they wouldn't, I couldn't even get them to cancel the action. He was repairing this fridge for like 4 in-game hours. I have found 2 ways of temperarily fixing this: 1) entering and exiting build/buy mode (doesn't always work 100% of the time), 2) clicking on a different sim in the household and choosing another action for them (eg. 'go here' - again doesn't seem to work 100% of the time).
What do you expect to see? Sims should interact with things until the green progress bar on the action fills, not just continue that action after it's full, and then carry on with the rest of their action queue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons. This bug was even picked up on by The Sim Supply (James Turner) in his YouTube 'Seasons Rags to Riches' series of videos.

This bug is really annoying. I'm expecting a sim to starve to death or something at some point because they can't progress their action queue to get to the fridge! Frown

Message 81 of 302 (1,726 Views)

★★ Novice

Really? So you have noticed that too many objects on a lot is causing the problem...

i don’t know if that’s the case- did someone from ea developers confirmed that? I don’t have too many objects on my lot- maybe it’s subjective thing- how many objects are “too many” and how to measure that?

Ive noticed one strange thing.... maybe I could record that next time- when my sims are stuck there is something instant what fixing this problem instantly- I have a family with two adult sims and one child. When they freeze all I am choosing a child and for example giving it an order to for example “go here” or do whatever- just do. In that moment all sims are unblocked and doing things normally...

Message 82 of 302 (1,724 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How many objects are "too many"? I don't know. It seems it depends on the computer hardware. Putting items on the lot is increasing the workload for computer

This lot seems empty enough to work properly.

07-11-18_11-38-39 AM.png

This is my home lot. I have that issue in this lot.

07-11-18_11-22-31 AM.png

And this is my library. Game works much smoother in this lot.

07-11-18_11-24-09 AM.png

Message 83 of 302 (1,714 Views)

Re: Sims not able to do tasks without esc

Hero

@Euphiria @Teknikah @Koralkol

Merged your posts.

It's the same underlying issue so I'm creating a new collection thread for autonomy and simulation lag.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 302 (1,704 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think the amount of objects is the problem. My sims literally live under a roof with essential stuff (bed, toilet, fridge, table, etc). No extra decorations or anything. They don't even have walls, they live in the confines of a hedge. 

I only started seeing this issue when I installed seasons. I previously had a home with a huge basement and loads of stuff in it for another family, that never froze like it does now. 

I'll see if I can get a video of what happens tonight when I play. Like I put in my nug (I love how my phone corrected 'bug' so I'm leaving it) report; my sim yesterday got stuck repairing a fridge for 4 in game hours as the 2 kids sat on the bed with plates on their laps just staring at each other. 

Message 85 of 302 (1,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Did you installed seasons recently?
I’ve installed seasons on a premiere day- and there I remember I hadn’t any bugs. I think they Started to show after first seasons update (not latest update). Or it maybe start bugging with my recently downloaded Cats and Dogs (few days ago!!!). Anyhow few days ago I had every SP, EP and GP except CATS AND DOGS and MY FIRST PET and LOUNDRY.

Message 86 of 302 (1,659 Views)

Game clock skips forward and back while using 3x speed

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I read from crinrict's post in the older thread that it's very hard to recreate if you don't have this issue. This occurs for me when my sims are asleep and the clock speeds by 3x.
What happens when the bug occurs? while in 3x speed the time will progress, freeze, then skip backwards. Also when in 3x speed, when i go back to normal speed the clock jumps back.
What do you expect to see? the time clock running smoothly and ot jumping back and forth.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So i did take a look at the older thread about this glitch but read from crinrict's post that the 1.36 patch was suppose to fix this issue, so i'm following their advice and starting a new thread. I can't even remember when this glitch started because i feel like I've been dealing with it for awhile. At one point i thought the issue went away but realized i was starting new saves frequently. When i started to play a household consistently for awhile, the glitch came back. 

Message 88 of 302 (1,550 Views)

Re: Game clock skips forward and back while using 3x speed

Hero
Hi @SaveZeIda

merged your post with collection thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 302 (1,536 Views)

★ Apprentice

My Sims were stuck yesterday. My Sim went to use the bathroom, and she was acting like she was actually stuck, like on the rug by the toilet. They've not done that before, I had to reset object her a few times and then teleport her to the middle of the room.A puddle also appeared behind her on the floor, but she didn't go to the bathroom so I don't know where that came from either. Are Sims being reported getting stuck on objects that use MOO? It was just a rug by the toilet, but she was stuck on it. The other Sims were frozen at same time this happened, but then they unfroze and went about what they were doing, but my other Sim was just stuck standing at the toilet. She just became pregnant, I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. And my Sim's lot does have a lot of objects on it, but I've had a Sim on a completely new empty lot I loaded to test do the same thing, so I don't think it's that causing the freezing. So I'm reporting that my Sims are freezing at random times, and also reporting that I believe my Sim was getting stuck on an object that moveobject was used on or a puddle that was on the floor for unknown reasons. 

Also my pregnant Sim has a button option to throw up now? Is that a new thing or a bug? They never had that before, although I would kinda like it as an option for all the Sims because it's kinda funny :D 

Thanks

Message 90 of 302 (1,506 Views)