[ARCHIVED] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Time jumping back/Sims freezing

Hero
I think it happens on all of them. I never seen it in my game but seen it on some people's saves.

There have also been reports for console for this actually.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 302 (2,429 Views)

★ Guide

Ah, I must be wrong then about this bug being performance based on specs. It's probably not cc or mod made either, if it's on console. Hopefully EA will eventually fix this.

Message 41 of 302 (2,428 Views)

Hero
There has been a lot of work done on this but I think since seasons it got worse again. I had NO reports between C&D and Seasons

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 302 (2,422 Views)

Re: Ultra Speed Glitch

★★★ Novice

When i play the same thing happens to me constantly. i have uninstalled, reinstalled and still happening. i have tried repairing the game and also cleaning up the cache. its making the game really unenjoyable. how many times does this bug have to be reported? and still no fix. 

disappointing.

Message 43 of 302 (2,616 Views)

★★ Novice

day 3 of having these issues. nothing has changed, still unplayable. I saw origin download something for the game I figured it might have been a patch but guess not idk what it was, but it didn't change a thing. this is ridiculous..Frown

Message 44 of 302 (2,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've seen that the bug reports don't have this bug in it yet so Imma go out and say it, the game not only make sims bob their heads, and skips time backwards, but sometimes the game goes up and freezes for a few seconds to where the game isn't responding and could crash if you click on anything. and then it goes playable again. but yeah this is why there is a mod that fixes simulation lag, but it hasn't been updated yet, but the mod is really good for those experiencing sim lag.

here's the mod: Simulation Lag Fix updated

<edit (crin): removed link, please don't link any mods at AHQ, just name them. Also be aware that this mod has yet to be updated>

Message 45 of 302 (2,584 Views)

Sims stand idle after latest patch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to Work Pets Game pack: Parenthood Outdoor retreat Stuff packs: Toddler stuff Celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell your sims to do something, and they will stand idle for hours before doing something.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims stand around idle for no reason when I tell them to do something, with hours passing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims fulfilling their tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Prior to the latest update, I had no issues with this. I’ve turned my graphics down, I’ve repaired my game and I’ve even put my game into 32 bit mode and none of it has helped. ‌

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to Work Pets Game pack: Parenthood Outdoor retreat Stuff packs: Toddler stuff Celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell your sims to do something, and they will stand idle for hours before doing something.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims stand around idle for no reason when I tell them to do something, with hours passing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims fulfilling their tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Prior to the latest update, I had no issues with this. I’ve turned my graphics down, I’ve repaired my game and I’ve even put my game into 32 bit mode and none of it has helped.

Message 46 of 302 (2,428 Views)

Re: Sims stand idle after latest patch

Hero

Hi @xKla

merged your post with existing thread

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 302 (2,391 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I Have same problem. I giving my DXDiag.

I don't have any modes. I have all expansion packs, game packs and lot of stuff packs.

Message 48 of 302 (2,376 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Plus I found new bug with AI. I never used any mode. I play only vanilla game. At this moment AI freeze. I can't send my Sims to do something. They only stay. Time is going, everything works but I can't do nothing with Sims. I can build, but nothing reset this status. Whole day they only stay and do nothing. Sleep and other requirements are going down into red and they still stay. Only restart game is helpfull.

Message 49 of 302 (2,364 Views)