[ARCHIVED] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Autonomy and Needs not working.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same for me. I have lessened it by removing all mods but it is still happening, my time also stops when my Sims are stuck in interactions. It is not a game crash, I can eneter build mode and build I can click on things too but my Sim and time is just stuck. My PC exceeds the recommended requirements.

This started after installing the latest patch and Seasons

Message 10 of 302 (5,672 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Also try a new save for testing and delete all cache files

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 302 (5,642 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've attached my dxdiag.

Physically the only new thing on my PC since I last played Sims 4 before the new EP/Patch was I upgraded the CPU from a i3 to i7.

Message 12 of 302 (5,621 Views)

Hero
Hi @michaela981

your c drive is really full. You should move some files if possible. It's possible that the lack of memory affects things.

On which drive do you have the game and the user files installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 302 (5,602 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
C Drive is the OS Drive. D Drive is an SSD which all other files are stored. Origin and its games. Steam and its games. Office etc etc It's the default location for everything on this PC.
Message 14 of 302 (5,594 Views)

Hero
OK. So that's at least something but windows still needs space for temp files. Did you check if you have any files you can delete/move to free up some extra space ?

In 1984 with my 40 MB hard drive I never thought I would say that, but 120 GB for a system drive is rather small.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 302 (5,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
120GB is more than enough for Windows 10 to be fair. And with automatic maintenance the OS does the Temp files are regularly deleted.

Given that the issue with Sims 4 only occured post-patch/expansion release this week I don't think the issue is Windows and where it's installed. But an issue with the AI or Expansion since I've noticed a few other bugs, like Tree decorations being invisible.
Message 16 of 302 (5,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You currently only have 17 GB though.

Tagging as needs input for now to get more specs and info from other users

If you could also post a video, that would be helpful

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 302 (5,572 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Time jumping back/Sims freezing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one except My First Pet and Laundry Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for 5 minutes
What happens when the bug occurs? Simulation constantly freezes. Sims stand in place for a while even though they were assigned actions.
What do you expect to see? Sims doing actions as they were assigned without the simulation freezing and leaving sims idle.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 06/19/2018 - PC 1.44.77.1020 / Mac 1.44.77.1220

‌The "issues with time/clock" bug is back with the seasons patch.

Its pretty much this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Issues-with-time-Clock/m-p/5095254#U5095254

Tried fixes:

• Removed CC

• Started new save file

• Reinstalled the game

• Lowering ingame settings

Message 18 of 302 (6,223 Views)

Re: Issues with time/Clock (again)

Hero
Do you see time jumps back (especially on speed 3) as well or just freezing ? Do you play in a house or apartment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 302 (6,216 Views)