[ARCHIVED] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims are not obeying the commands of the game.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Stuff Packs, Game Packs and Expansion Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing The Sims 4.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims do not obey the command of the game and stand as if nothing had happened.
What do you expect to see? Fix this problem.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. In the last update of the game.

Hello,

I have noticed that after this last update some problems are emerging in my game. The Sims are not obeying the requested commands to the game (eg: Washing dishes, bathing and etc). The last time this problem happened, my sim was in her studio recording job, and when asked to do the commands to complete the job tasks she just stood there and did nothing. I had to use cheats to complete the tasks.

I do not use cc and I already repair the game on Origin.

Message 261 of 302 (956 Views)

Re: Sims are not obeying the commands of the game.

Hero
@wallaosg Did you try all the suggestions in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/m-p/6918287

Did you try a new house to see if it was related to the house ? Different family ?

Are all Sims frozen or just the one you gave the command to ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 262 of 302 (926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict All Sims, when this problem occurs with the sim that I'm playing it affects the other sims in the world and also that those are in the same place as my sim.

Message 263 of 302 (921 Views)

Hero
@wallaosg Sounds like a lockup then.

Does it appear for EVERY single interaction you try or just some of them ? If so, which ones lockup your game

There's a few known ones like automatic homework

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 264 of 302 (912 Views)

Hero
@wallaosg Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 265 of 302 (873 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

★ Novice

How long has this been an issue and it’s still not fixed?!

my game went from working perfectly fine to not going into ulta and bouncing back, then no longer bouncing back but not going into ulta, then recently not going into any speed higher than 2 and now it’s not going higher than 2 and my sim takes 2 sims hours between actions. 

I have no mods, 3 expansion packs and 1 game pack. 

This is a serious issue, they said they’re looking into it but for 2 years there’s still no fix... it’s really does ruin the game Frown

Message 266 of 302 (981 Views)

Severe lag

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Spa day, Get Together, Backyard stuff, Perfect Patio stuff, Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, laundry day, and the freebies.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Since the last patch my game is seriously laggy.
What do you expect to see? A smooth game!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch

Not sure if items were added, or just already there and unlocked- but however the release was done it, and whatever things (items, new interaction, whatever you did) were added, this has made my game really, really laggy and choppy in build mode. 

Message 267 of 302 (978 Views)

Sims standing around

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Spa day, Get Together, Backyard stuff, Perfect Patio stuff, Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, laundry day, and the freebies.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are not talking, they stand around nodding their heads, and the interaction is supposed to be chatting. No one actually chats, they just stand there bobbing their heads.
What do you expect to see? Chatting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch... You know, the one that everyone is having issues with (patchpocalypse).

All my games are vanilla, been not wanting to play because of the new loading screen (I am having serious issues with dizziness and nausea from the screen movement). The games I have tested are all vanilla. ALways remove localthumcache. Have repaired game, and done all the usual.

We seriously need a way to roll back patches (return to a previous patch), because it seems that the team keeps breaking our games even more than they were already broken (doesn't look good people). This needs addressing badly.

Message 268 of 302 (969 Views)

Re: Sims standing around

Hero
@InfiniteVerve Merged your posts with the simulation lag issue.

There's a few suggestions in the first post, if those don't help, please post in tech for troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 269 of 302 (956 Views)

Re: Sims standing around

★ Expert
@crinrict I never had lag issues until the patch. The 'solutions' don't work. This is a specific issue with the patch. I will repost a new thread.
Message 270 of 302 (931 Views)