[ARCHIVED] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Autonomy and Simulation Lag (Seasons Patch Edition)

★★★★ Novice

Now I feel totally confused. Disabling turbo core helped me to remove this bug while plain demo version without any add-ons, but when all add-ons are installed, this bug has shown again. No I have no idea what have caused it...

Message 101 of 302 (1,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Is the season is getting any errors to save ? because my game got this issue
Message 102 of 302 (1,194 Views)

Hero
Hi @theprivateblink

if you have save errors, than this is a different issue then the one talked in here.

If you're using mods, remove those to check if the issue still occurs and if it does, create a new thread in the tech forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 302 (1,189 Views)

Champion

I've never had serious simulation lag issues before, but now I'm getting all sims stopping actions when I visit South Square Cafe in Windenburg. After a couple of minutes when people arrive and the Barista starts working, then everyone in the entire Old Quarter of Windenburg will stop what they are doing and not progress actions.

If I press pause and then unpause, then they can do one action, but then stop again. E.g. I watch the barista use the grinder and stop moving, then I pause and unpause and they move on to use the espresso machine by putting a cup on it, then they stop moving again until I pause and unpause, then they fill the cup with coffee and pick it up to give to a customer, but then they stop moving until I pause and unpause and eventually give it to the customer, but then the customer stops moving until I pause and unpause...

This never happened to me before the Seasons patches.

Message 104 of 302 (1,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Backyard Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Now it won't stop.
What do you expect to see? Four hours before work, Sim was in a fairly good mood, but hungry and wanting exercise. I clicked on "Brisk Shower". She did nothing. I saved the game, because in the past that has snapped them out of it. She still did nothing. I reset the Sim and reissued the instruction. Still nothing. I decided to reset the Sim and give her a different command (eat leftovers) and still nothing. Meanwhile, an hour had passed in the game and she was becoming more hungry. I exited the game without saving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None. (I wish I could install a few, though. All these bugs make it impossible.) Cache cleaned out after each play session as well.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 Seasons installed, all packs repaired this morning (7/27/2018), set all my performance settings to 100%.

Message 105 of 302 (1,105 Views)

Hero

@sleekoduck87 wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Backyard Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Now it won't stop.
What do you expect to see? Four hours before work, Sim was in a fairly good mood, but hungry and wanting exercise. I clicked on "Brisk Shower". She did nothing. I saved the game, because in the past that has snapped them out of it. She still did nothing. I reset the Sim and reissued the instruction. Still nothing. I decided to reset the Sim and give her a different command (eat leftovers) and still nothing. Meanwhile, an hour had passed in the game and she was becoming more hungry. I exited the game without saving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None. (I wish I could install a few, though. All these bugs make it impossible.) Cache cleaned out after each play session as well.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 Seasons installed, all packs repaired this morning (7/27/2018), set all my performance settings to 100%.

Thanks for your report.

I've checked your dxdiag. Your computer is actually a bit borderline for the game. CPU and RAM are at minimum requirements and your graphics chip is below. 

What settings do you have your graphics on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 106 of 302 (1,097 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A few days ago my game updated, and I bought the laundry stuff, and since I've been intolerable lagging. Its really ridiculous. So I repaired it many times and tried all the methods I found online. Then I bought seasons and installed it thinking it would help. Nothing has changed. Even when I take out all of my cc/mods/everything the game still lags horribly.

Message 107 of 302 (1,075 Views)

Hero

Hi @Rosola_A

could you provide the info asked on the first page.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 108 of 302 (1,064 Views)

★★★★ Novice

h.ttps://pastebin.com/hxe80sXz

^that link (without the dot after h) will take you to a page with info about my exact computer.

The extreme lagging happens with old and new saves games. In play, and cas. The only time it is normal is on the main menu.

Message 109 of 302 (1,061 Views)

Hero

Hi @Rosola_A

something is off with your graphics drivers. Your computer seems to use standard MS ones instead of AMD.

Try this tool and reinstall your graphics drivers: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 110 of 302 (1,051 Views)