Re: Game Lags Everywhere

by riverx2bananas

Original Post

Re: Sims standing around

Hero
@InfiniteVerve I can just move both of your post to tech but yeah for lags, it's either this thread or tech as it's very individual. There's some known issues which you can find by searching around.

Troubleshooting is usually best done in the tech forum as there's a lot of different helpers there and with all the different systems and setup, you can be helped better.

I do think both of your issues are connected as it seems to have to do with the game lagging or locking up (locking up also has several causes).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 271 of 302 (903 Views)

Re: Sims standing around

★★ Apprentice

Why is this still a issue i just built a new pc m.2 drive 2080 ti i7 9770k best of best mostly. Same thing game works fine for a few generations then is gets worse till its unplayable.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP MAKING EXPANSIONS AND GO BACK AND FIX ALL THE BUGS.

NOW YOU KNOW WHY ALL THE EA HATE

Message 272 of 302 (880 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

My Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. G1.Sniper Z97
Monitor: MSI MAG241C (1920x1080@60Hz)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte) / 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte) ForceWare version: 431.60 SLI Disabled

The Issue:

I queue up things to do for my Sims. They just stand there and sometimes the entire queue is canceled and they do other things. They just won't do what I ask them to do! In other times, I am forced to "reset" them with testingcheats. This cancels everything and sometimes bugs out all interactions between Sims. At one point, when I force reset a Sim, they respawned with the T pose and stood there with it. I was obligated to exit out of the game and come back in again.

Message 273 of 302 (807 Views)

Sims won’t move unless I command them to?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I have an unusual problem. My sims arent exactly frozen and time is working fine and their emotions are changing naturally, but they are just standing still. I can make them do anything and they will do it but once they have done that action they will be still again. It’s like they have no autonomy and it also happens with npcs who I invite to my house. It’s very frustrating and is anyone else experiencing this? I do use mods and cc.

Message 274 of 302 (793 Views)

Re: Sims won’t move unless I command them to?

@karamarkey

Moved your post to this bug thread on the issue as it is an ongoing problem for some. Please check Crin's opening post for suggestions to try.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 275 of 302 (765 Views)

Re: Sims won’t move unless I command them to?

★ Expert

Suggestions are meant as temporary workarounds, this is an ongoing issue. This need fixing, not brushing players aside.

Message 276 of 302 (749 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

Anonymous

I always had a degree of these issues, but it was always workable.

After the patch yesterday, I moved my Sims 4 folder to the desktop and have been playing since then in a new save without any mods/cc.

Currently the family is two adults and a cat, but the issues remain even with a single adult in a small house.

I'm hesitant to put mods/cc back in and play my usual families, because it's really getting in the way of enjoying my game as it is.

Main issues:

Takes a while to change outfits after shower; the Sim has changed but it hasn't updated visually

Standing around instead of doing the actions in their queue

Sims clipping through walls/objects as they "teleport" between locations

Message 277 of 302 (720 Views)

Game Lags Everywhere

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As soon as the game opens everything noticably lags
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything Lags, animations, clicks etc.
What do you expect to see? Smooth animations with no stutter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My computer exceeds Recommended requirements for the game, and yet Everything lags as soon as I start the game, from animations, to building or playing with sims. Nothing is smooth at all.

My computer has:

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 TI

RAM: 16GB

HDD: 2TB

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

I have tried reinstallation, and clearing game caches

Message 278 of 302 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Ever since I bought a new computer I haven't had issues with how The Sims 4 is performing, except for past 2-3 weeks or so. Now all the sudden game is often lagging, but not all the time. Then sims are moving almost like a frame at a time, not smoothly, but slowly and "step by step".

Also, my sims get stuck and while time is still running, my sims are doing nothing and sometimes you can cancel what they are doing (so that the icon disappears but sim is still just standing there) and sometimes when you cancel action, it gets cross mark over it but still nothing happens and sim is just standing there. I need to reset my sim and if that doesn't help, reset sims on the lot one by one until I find the sim who was causing this lag. 

My computed can run this game, according "Can I run it". I have all packs except My First Pet stuff and Fitness stuff. 

I have tried using new saved game without re-installing (meaning creating clean The Sims 4 files), repairing game via Origin and playing with and without MCCC-mods. I have no other custom content in my game. 

Message 279 of 302 (736 Views)

★★ Guide

I currently read this heaped in various forums.
I've also bought quite a new for Sims 4 actually oversized PC. After the last patch, I played with another household. The Sims now often get caught up in action loops. I often have to travel to reset. I thought it was the specific budget. The behavior was shown sometimes earlier in larger households and many content on a plot and especially with animals. But now it's hardly fun anymore to play because it happens very often. My household current includes 4 Sims and 3 Animals.

I had initially thought in Sims 4, the semi-open neighborhoods and the loading screens should prevent that the game could inflate as it should have been in the case of Sims 3. But in Sims 4 in fact, a storage level grows by nearly 500 kilobytes by large expansion packs. I see that because I outsource and can compare the savegames. And if you add something of your own, even if you've deleted something else, the bytes also grow a lot. Animals - perhaps with their own coloring - sometimes increase it dramatically. Too much expansion packs may not be good for the game liquid - alos not in case of an oversized PC. I notice an increase of memory and power consumption. The only solution may be, to limit yourself more and more: with sims, objects or expansion packs.

Of course, the last patch can be a cause of laggs

Message 280 of 302 (710 Views)