Sims in the sims 4 freeze when I speed up the game

by adiida1

Original Post

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

★★★★★ Novice

I am highly disappointed that it's been two years now and solution is not in sight. 
I tried reinstalling the game to re-test it and the conclusion is always the same - I can not do generational play and I can not use most of my neighborhoods without running into simulation lag.

Some information:
I do no have an SSD
I'm on Invidia 970. Tried Invidie 1050, but performance was worse due to lack of VRAM,
got 16GB of ram
I am on AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor. 

Community made simulation lag mod helps, however that wins me a couple of generations and then it's back to the massive standstill again. To test this issue, I recommend developers run several save files where each generation you have 5-ish children at least and let the game run, letting them autonomously do their homework and learn toddler skills and so on. Children degrade the save file by far the fastest. For even faster simulation lag, also have them in an apartment in San Mishuno. 

Message 251 of 302 (1,512 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Autonomy and Simulation Lag (Seasons Patch Edition)

★ Expert

@SimGuruNick "we have several engineers working together to figure out viable solutions. ". How many engineers, exactly, are working on this? I never see mention of how many people are actively engaged in fixing issues. Are the engineers solely devoted to this TS4 franchise, and not working on other games- or are they splitting their time between many franchises?

Message 252 of 302 (1,384 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Meanwhile they've added yet another upcoming expansion pack, which looks amazing don't get me wrong, but I'd prefer to have it without this being a major issue 🤦‍♂️

Seriously there's no point in buying anything new they're adding to the game if this time freeze issue is never going to get fixed, and I discovered that Seasons is the main culprit. Disabling that literally fixes it.

So what's taking their "team" of engineers to diagnose the issue?

Message 253 of 302 (1,379 Views)

★ Expert

@MagTheMercenary  I haven't seen enough, or heard enough detailed information, to know that the new pack looks good. I want to know details (how many buildable lots, what are the lot sizes, what are all of the interactions/ scenarios in the game, can we disable certain things, what-exactly do they mean by "appeasing the island gods"... sacrifice? No thanks!, etc.).

I would also be interested in knowing how many people are in their QC, how long those people take to do their QC, how many 'engineers' do they have working (solely dedicated to) on TS4, what are TS4 franchise's financial reports, and what is their overall employee count (dedicated TS4).

I wouldn't have an issue, if I were a bazillionaire, in helping a beloved franchise (assisting with revenue so they can develop the game, by purchasing games- which is still needing a lot of testing, gameplay for QC, etc.). I do find it unethical to create hype, encourage people to purchase an iffy game, and have paying players doing what should be done by the salaried/paid team (a good amount of of play through of the product- reporting bugs, reworking game mechanics, etc.). There is a difference in releasing a game- knowing that it needs a lot more playthrough and work, and being truthful- and asking for assistance (where it's needed)... Something which is a rather easy fix: give games to people who are willing to devote proper (quality) time to play through, and fix the issues- then release it for paying consumers.

Message 254 of 302 (1,374 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Honestly, couldn't have said it better myself 👏👏👏

I just want their team to actually acknowledge how long this issue has persisted for years and be upfront with us on what is being done, if anything at all, to resolve it permanently. I feel like if they were more transparent with what's actually happening behind the scenes, instead of giving us the typical vague responses that is obviously scripted, we'd be more confident in trusting them to fix any type of issue that exists.

But for me, given how long it takes for someone from their team to even respond, I trust them as far as I can throw them.

Message 255 of 302 (1,369 Views)
Highlighted

Sims in the sims 4 freeze when I speed up the game

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Dine out, Movie hangout stuff and Romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell the sim to do an action and while the sim is going to do or doing said action speed up the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my sim to do an action but when I speed up the game they just stand there and doesnt do anything like if I tell them to go to sleep they just stand next to the bed but when I put the game back to normal speed they do the said action.
What do you expect to see? My sims should be able to do things even when time is moving fast
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug appears from time to time and can be really annoying when it does. Sometimes everything works like normal and my sims do thing even when time moves fast

Message 256 of 302 (1,192 Views)

Re: Sims in the sims 4 freeze when I speed up the game

Hero
@adiida1 Did you test this with no mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 257 of 302 (1,189 Views)

Hero
@adiida1 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 258 of 302 (1,148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

have you checked the time to see if time hasn't been slinged back to when you started speeding up when you go back to normal speed?

Message 259 of 302 (1,141 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Autonomy and Simulation Lag

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This issue has been lasting for years and still is not fixed? Sad to see, I recently started playing the pure TS4 and I was thinking of buying other packs but I started to notice slowdowns like this and I found this topic.

Well, TS4 ended too early for me, will be waiting for TS5 or this issue to be fixed first to go back to TS.

PS: As players we should not have to be lowering / emptying our inventories and do other boring workaround things. I am only agreeing to disabling custom mods part which is right since they are not official content from EA.

Message 260 of 302 (1,161 Views)