Re: Issues in gameplay

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: My sims 4 game is very laggy. How do I fix this?

Hero
Thanks. I'll forward this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 141 of 302 (2,121 Views)

★ Guide

Since the most recent patch, I've been having trouble with what I guess you'd call synching?

They've also started teleporting all over the place like they want to start a new action before they've finished the previous one, but I think this is a separate issue.

The two best examples I can give are that  I recently had one of my sims queued up to make a flower arrangement, and then eat some minestrone for lunch.

She finished making her flower arrangement, and then her queue showed her as eating the minestrone while she was still standing in front of the flower arranging bench. The wheel for eating the food was progressing, her hunger meter was filling, but she hadn't actually walked over to the kitchen yet.

The other example actually killed one of my sims.

She had been jogging on the treadmill, and then was queued up to do a polar bear plunge with the rest of her family. She was still over at the treadmill when she got her first "freezing to death" warning, which I didn't notice because the rest of the family was getting them as well, and I was dealing with getting them into and out of the pool and warmed up again.

She got her second warning right as she physically got into the pool, and then almost immediately froze to death even though I'd cancelled the swimming action and told her to get out and warm herself in front of the fire.

Message 142 of 302 (1,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Leave it to modders to once again fix what's broken: Simulation Lag Fix 

EDIT: Removed link. Linking Downloads is against the TOS at AHQ. Please just name mods.

Message 143 of 302 (1,893 Views)

sims standing idle

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with any family. Try to make the sim do any task. He/she will stand there contemplating the task I told them to do. It's like they are processing my command. My game is not on freewill so my sims will do stuff on their own terms. But, they don't even do that.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim just stands there for a few minutes before doing that task.
What do you expect to see? I try to bathe my toddler, my sim thinks about bathing the toddler before bathing him.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch and patch before that.

My sims stand around doing nothing for a few minutes before they do the task I told them to do. They stand around even when I don't give them a task to do. They normally just do whatever they want and fulfill their needs on their own. Even when I prompt them, for example, to cook something, they stand around as if they are processing what I told them to do.

Message 144 of 302 (1,882 Views)

Re: sims standing idle

Hero

Hi @StripedRainbow

I merged your thread with the autonomy lag thread.

Could you please read the first page and provide the infos asked there.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 145 of 302 (1,865 Views)

Issues in gameplay

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I have no clue
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? several
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? maybe play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? just a mess, so laggy sims just stand around will not do what they are told to do, Dog monopolizes the queue with his invisible needs and no way of x-ing out of them. Just a mess, but I see that there has been a lagging issue for so long. I just want to see if there is a fix or am I stuck like those that posted a year ago
What do you expect to see? They stand around for sim hours doing nothing, will not move just stand there. Dog is starving even though the dog bowl is right in front of him, I have to tell him to go eat. Just a hot mess of a game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am having many issues in game play.  The game is incredibly laggy with the Sims just standing around when they are told to do something. The Cats and Dogs introduction to my game may be part of the problem because the Dog has invisible interactions  in queue that is literally clogging up the game, throw a few kids in the mix and sims that take over 4 sim hours to sometimes even move.

The downside to reporting this issue is I see that this has been an issue for a very long time, and no fix yet.  I see even customers trying to make their own mods to fix what should already be fixed.  Is this just the way it is and even when a good computer and no mods, the game won't do what it is supposed to do?

To let you know this site is incredibly hard to navigate, so I have no clue if I did this correctly

Message 146 of 302 (1,810 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Issues in gameplay

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @brenleedee

merged your post with the current collection thread on the issue. Would be great if you can add the info asked on the first post to your post.

As for the pets queuing issue, that can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/td-p/6699614/

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 147 of 302 (1,803 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Update:
I fixed my game lag (NOT simulation lag)

I have an MSI 970 Gaming motherboard. There is a tiny switch on the board called "slow mode." Which I wasn't aware even existed. This isn't supposed to be used unless you are recovering the bios. Well my board was switched to slow mode and it has been since I bought it over a month ago.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/rzstT.png

Now I have switched it into Normal Mode (see image above) I can play my game again, I hope a month of using my PC in slow mode hasn't caused any lasting damage.

I want to reiterate, this hasn't fixed my simulation lag.

I hope this helps someone.

Message 148 of 302 (1,671 Views)

★★★ Guide

There's no way to "me too" this problem, but I didn't want to create a new thread, so I copy and pasted the template here. Still having simulation lag problems and rampant teleportation, most notably on holidays. Issue has occurred across multiple saves on two different computers (both PC and Mac).

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC and Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? On every holiday at some point, occasionally at other times.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims do tasks like gardening, streaking, or other things that involve a lot of movement to see the teleportation. Have sims do a lot of interacting on a holiday like Love Day to see the extreme delays in action where they just stand around staring at each other.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims teleport around while doing multi-step tasks like gardening, or movement intensive tasks like streaking. Sims take a very long time to complete tasks that contribute to holiday goals (esp the "___ spirit" ones), and will sometimes stare at each other--or into space like a zombie--for hours.
What do you expect to see? Sims not teleporting around, and sims doing actions in a normal amount of time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Happens with and without.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started with Seasons. Most recently happened yesterday.

I don't think a dxdialog would be very helpful since this happened on two different computers with two different operating systems. My PC is running on Ultra by default, has plenty of memory, good graphics card, etc.. This set of problems is very specific to these situations. 

Thanks!

Message 149 of 302 (1,642 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Autonomy and Simulation Lag (Seasons Patch Edition)

★★★ Newbie

is there any fix for this yet? my game has become completely unplayable because of this

Message 150 of 302 (1,612 Views)