Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Autonomy and Simulation Lag (Seasons Patch Edition)

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Re: Game clock skips forward and back while using 3x speed

★★ Novice

Waiting for Answers so long...

Guys... did you have some fix for this ? I cannot play sims anymore !!! Eh...

Message 91 of 302 (2,079 Views)

Re: Issues with time/Clock (again)

★★★ Novice

whenever I play the sims 4, whether it's in a house or apartment, just one sim or a whole family, whenever I'm in speed 3 when my sim is at work or they're asleep the time always jumps back and stays in speed 1 when it still has the time blur on it saying it is still in speed 3. So I have to keep switching from speed 1 to 3 to make it through the whole night fast.

Message 92 of 302 (2,023 Views)

★★ Novice

Are EA devs are doing something With it ? I have No Answers from them... Bug appears even in vanilla game...

cannot play anymore. Are they going to fix this problem??

Message 93 of 302 (1,940 Views)

Hero
This is always work in progress.

Did you provide any of the info asked on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 302 (1,927 Views)

★ Novice

Here is a dumb question,

Has anyone who actually works/plays Sims 4 at EA tested and recorded their Sim and proven that the "Lag/Delay" issue of Sim Tasks exist/not exist with all Content Packs ever released? A Youtube video perhaps. I see a lot of people having provide this, but I never see the other end of the chain doing the same to disprove us? The only question here is are you aware/confirming the issue is present or denying that its specifically an issue with "Your computer isn't good enough", excuse?

Message 95 of 302 (1,896 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
This is always work in progress.

Did you provide any of the info asked on the first page ?

Did I provide any od the info asked on the first page?

ofcourse i did. I didn’t get any reply...

Message 96 of 302 (1,879 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been suffering this bug until I read this extremely important line - "If you over-clocked your computer, check how it goes if you revert that.". I do not overclock my CPU, but the CPU does it itself - the tech called turbo core for AMD/turbo boost for Intel. So I went to BIOS and disabled turbo core (my CPU is AMD FX-8320) and the problem seems to be totally gone. Previously time jumping back and forward was happening every night and while sim at work, at ultra speed and sometimes at normal too. And now time even does not jump when I change the speed from 3 to 1.
I keep it checking but feels like it's the thing caused this lag.
Hope it helps. Good luck

Message 97 of 302 (1,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Koralkol wrote:

Did I provide any od the info asked on the first page?

ofcourse i did. I didn’t get any reply...

Oh, yeah I see you did a few pages back. Sorry about that.

As I wrote on the first post, this thread is about collecting info, I'm mostly not answering.

There's really not much for me to say. So not sure what sort of reply you're looking for.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 302 (1,841 Views)

Hero

@nikita_97_10 wrote:

I've been suffering this bug until I read this extremely important line - "If you over-clocked your computer, check how it goes if you revert that.". I do not overclock my CPU, but the CPU does it itself - the tech called turbo core for AMD/turbo boost for Intel. So I went to BIOS and disabled turbo core (my CPU is AMD FX-8320) and the problem seems to be totally gone. Previously time jumping back and forward was happening every night and while sim at work, at ultra speed and sometimes at normal too. And now time even does not jump when I change the speed from 3 to 1.
I keep it checking but feels like it's the thing caused this lag.
Hope it helps. Good luck

Thanks for you feedback. That is interesting info indeed. I know it helped someone in the past that's why I listed it on the first page but it's good to have confirmation.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 302 (1,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Jumping in here to say this is a known issue on our end, something we've seen and reproduced as well. Crin has a lot of helpful ideas on the first page of this post, with potential workarounds, but keep in mind these are just workarounds. This is still an issue we intend to fix with a patch. When exactly will it be fixed, though? I cannot say as I do not know. From what I understand, the issue is complex and we have several engineers working together to figure out viable solutions. If it's currently making your game unplayable though, I encourage you to try starting a New Game, or checking out all the different potential workarounds on the first page of this thread. Thanks for the reports everyone! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 100 of 302 (27,977 Views)