Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [W] XP resetting points/Level/No more points

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs and Werewolves, Realm of Magic, Vampires, and Parenthood game packs as well as Paranormal, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, and Luxury Party stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  I am not quite sure. I have used Lunar Howls, and been demoted in Wildfangs pack, and I am 70% sure it has something to do with being in a pack, as I don't recall it happening before I joined the pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? I was Apex level werewolf and after the bug, I was demoted to the previous tier with ability points being refunded.
What do you expect to see? ---
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Set Platform from Origin to PC, Filled in form from answers given

Message 1 of 35 (5,560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [W] XP resetting points/Level/No more points

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We no longer need save files for this issue for the time being.  The team will investigate.

Thank you to all that provided saves and information for this issue.

View in thread

Message 29 of 35 (4,629 Views)

All Replies

Re: Werewolf XP bar bug

Hero
@milutinmujovic Did you use the lunar how before without being in the pack ? You are supposed to be refunded all your points but not demoted to my knowledge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (5,541 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Lunar howl only resets temperaments, as it should, not ability points.

I hope someone else found this bug as well as I cannot seem to reproduce it, although it affected 2 of my 3 werewolves.
Message 3 of 35 (5,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@milutinmujovic Hm, was confusing that then. I haven't had any issues so far so far. Pack or no pack.

Have you been demoted first and then used lunar how or the other way round ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (5,510 Views)

Re: [W] Lunar Howl resetting points/Level

★ Apprentice

Info on Wolf:

Moonwood Beta

Werewolf Rank: Should be Apex several times over

Issue: Same as OP, however noted issue occurs every time wolf reaches Apex and then is supposed to move forward to get another point into progress. This resets him back to the previous rank prior to Apex and awards him no point further. This issue recurs every time he reaches the "rank past Apex" to get the next point. Lunar Howl has never been taken as ability, not once. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 35 (5,488 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm my werewolf was in a similar position. Wildfangs Beta. Leveled up well-passed Apex (x3) and was reset back to Veteran and 3 points were refunded. No lunar howel since I never unlocked that ability.

Message 6 of 35 (5,430 Views)

Werewolf Levelling Issues

★★★ Novice

(This is my first time posting on this forum so hopefully I filled this out correctly)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? I tested it twice so far and it happened the first time but not the second
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GT, CL, CD, S, V, PH, ROM, W, TLSP, PSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With a mod installed (not sure if it has to be a specific mod or any random one), level a werewolf all the way up to apex, and overload the bar
What happens when the bug occurs? When a werewolf is at the apex level and the progress bar fills up completely, it keeps building up and never resets
What do you expect to see? Once the bar is completely full, it resets and I get another point to unlock a new ability
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? The first time I discovered this, I had the woohoo wellness overhaul mod by Lumpinou installed. Before I tried to replicate the bug, I removed the mod and the bug didn't occur
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 7 of 35 (5,410 Views)

Re: Werewolf Levelling Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RandomNerd4088 I merged your post with another thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (5,366 Views)

Hero
@memriey So the first two times it didn't reset but the third time it did ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 35 (5,364 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Correct. It was in the third time.

for additional info:

• my sim completed wildfangs aspiration and became alpha
  • had twins
  • married Lou Howell (odd too - he only has and ever had 2 temperaments while played werewolf gained 4. He was a Veteran when added to household)
  • Turned over alpha to Lou 
  • Sim gained a third level and reset to veteran
  • lou Howell is now apex level 2 with only 2 temperaments 

I’ll see if the same happens to him on third level. I closed out of my game to attempt to reset my female sim.

In an attempt to regain my original sims stats I tried the werewolf cheat to level her up to the Apex she was (3000 - lol sad it’s not over 9000), and the cheat itself works sporadically. First time it unlocked literally all abilities and zero ability points were added and second time all abilities under the top tier were unlocked and I received 5 ability points. I didn’t save these as it’s not what I was going for. I only wanted her to be the Apex she was.

Message 10 of 35 (5,332 Views)