Original Post

Accepted Solution

[W] Wrong Librarian spawns at Library

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? n/a
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I went to The library in Moonwood. The Librarian spawned is not Wolfgang Wilder, but a sims that should already have a career.  I hadn't yet edited Wolfgang, so I know it's not due to that. 
What happens when the bug occurs? wrong librarian
What do you expect to see? The right librarian
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The form won't pop up for me so I'll try to remember how to fill it out...

I went to The library in Moonwood. The Librarian spawned is not Wolfgang Wilder, but a sims that should already have a career. 

I hadn't yet edited Wolfgang, so I know it's not due to that. 

How do I fix this?

Problem: wrong librarian

expect: The right librarian

system: ps5 

mods: on console. so no

updated: yes, up to date. 

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form by answers given, added tag, adjusted title

Message 1 of 8 (1,467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [W] Wrong Librarian spawns at Library

EA Staff

Hello @LathyrusLoon and @WingedSnek ,

Would you guys mind confirming, if are you guys not seeing Wolfgang as a librarian at all? Because as @simvasion said Wolfgang will not always be working as a librarian in GP12 World Library. Other NPCs can spawn and work as librarians in the GP12 world library in case there's a shift change.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,040 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@LathyrusLoon I'm not sure this is a bug but do you have neighborhood stories on ? If so, did Wolfgang move into a house ?

I filled in the bug form for you but I didn't know the correct answers to how often/language and which packs you have. Could you filled those in please ?

The form is only working on/off atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,423 Views)

★ Guide

I had that happen to me on PC only when Wolfgang (and also Chloe) were simply on different lots or heading out to interact with other sims, so a replacement showed up. Did you check out whether Wolfgang might be hanging out with the Moonwood Commune somewhere in the world?

Message 3 of 8 (1,384 Views)

Hero
@WingedSnek And you never got him back as a librarian or do they both have the role now ?

Did you double check if he still lives nowhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,351 Views)

★ Guide

He lives in no house, because I have the neighborhood stories disabled. Wolfgang does come back every now & then, but more often he isn't inside the library but with the other werewolves, so a replacement shows up there.

Message 5 of 8 (1,344 Views)

Hero
@WingedSnek I have two others that alternate. Wolfgang is still in the game but he moved in and adopted about 7 dogs and he's no longer showing up at my library.

I don't know if any of this is a bug though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,339 Views)

Champion
@crinrict I don’t think it’s a bug. Libraries have librarian shifts. In my game I think Wolfgang is on a 1pm to 8pm shift, someone else does overnight and another librarian should do the morning shift.
Message 7 of 8 (1,268 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @LathyrusLoon and @WingedSnek ,

Would you guys mind confirming, if are you guys not seeing Wolfgang as a librarian at all? Because as @simvasion said Wolfgang will not always be working as a librarian in GP12 World Library. Other NPCs can spawn and work as librarians in the GP12 world library in case there's a shift change.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8 (1,041 Views)