by crinrict

Original Post

[W] Werewolves on rampage get uncancable question to leave work

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except my wedding stories and journey to Battuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a werewolf sim reach max rage whilst being at work (rabbithole)
What happens when the bug occurs? The werewolf comes home and job performance drops slightly, there is an option to not skip work but that is ignored.
What do you expect to see? when I say that they should stay at work, they should stay at work and rampage when they return.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When a normal sim attempts to return home while working hours are not over yet, there is a pop-up text box asking the player whether they are sure the sim should skip work, and the player gets to choose whether they stay at work, or come home early. 

Whilst a werewolf reaches maximum rage while they are at work, this exact same pop-up text appears, giving the player the choice to either stay at work, or leave home early. When a player selects the option for the werewolf sim to stay at work, this choice is ignored and the werewolf returns home to rampage. 

I feel that this is an oversight as this is a special circumstance where the text should be updated to accurately reflect the situation, and whatever choice the player is given should be honored. 

If the text is updated and the choice is removed - that is fine - but as a player I expect the game to adhere to the choices that I make, meaning if I tell my sim to stay at work, they should stay at work.

Understandably, this is a unique situation because it is a werewolf rampage and this might be the opportunity for the player to either lose job performance for scaring the other employees, or gain a bit of performance for "wolfing down" on tasks, depending on the wolf's unlocked traits. 

Of course I don't expect the aforementioned, but at the very least I expect in-game decisions to be followed. So if this pop-up text is not to be changed, I expect the choice to stay at work to be carried out. But if the text is updated and the player is informed that the rampaging wolf is returning home, without any options for staying at work but at the very least informed of the situation, then that is fine too. 

"Oh no! Greg has gone on a rampage and has been sent home!" Click OK

"Greg's rage meter has reached a dangerously high level and he decided it is safer for his colleagues if he returned home. His boss might not understand, but at least he'll still have a job tomorrow!"  Click OK

Something like that...

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,120 Views)

Re: werewolves work/rampage

Hero
@DarkShadow608 I don't think this is a bug. I don't think the message should pop up but I guess it's by design that they come home.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,066 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DarkShadow608 It's just a part of the game. You have to manage their fury before they go to work so that it doesn't affect their work performance.
Message 3 of 8 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@rlc77 I get what you're saying, but the pop-up text and the option to stay at work is an oversight.

If I am given an option to choose, I expect the game to comply with my choice.
Message 4 of 8 (1,006 Views)

Hero
@DarkShadow608 I agree with that. Could you maybe edit your entry post a bit to reflect better that that's what you're reporting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,000 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I hope the update makes a bit more sense now Standard smile
Message 6 of 8 (986 Views)

Hero
@DarkShadow608 Sounds good :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (981 Views)

Re: [W] Werewolves on rampage get uncancable question to leave work

★★★ Novice
@DarkShadow608 Due to the way this is coded I think the same thing can possibly happen where the werewolf sim just appears back in the household if they rage while doing a university event or something similar. I had the exact same thing happen with my sim going to work with a fury gauge that was 3/4 filled.
Message 8 of 8 (923 Views)