by 33Rapture

Original Post

[OPEN] [W] Werewolves constantly howling in CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Werewoleves, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to create a werewolf sim in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? When choosing the 'werewolf' occult sim type, sims howl about every 30 seconds
What do you expect to see? Sims not to howl quite so much
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Immediately after downloading the werewolves pack.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Some custom content, but can't nothing CAS related

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form by answers given, added tag

Message 1 of 15 (5,445 Views)

Re: Werewolves constantly howling in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@33Rapture If you want to freeze your sim and prevent them from howling so much while using CAS, you can type this into the cheat console: casclockspeed 0

Oh, make sure you have this cheat activated before applying the cheat mentioned above: testingcheats on 

Message 2 of 15 (5,395 Views)

Re: [W] Werewolves constantly howling in CAS

EA Staff
@33Rapture
Could you please try without mods at all? Don't forget to delete localthumbcache file post removal of mods.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 15 (5,306 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [W] Werewolves constantly howling in CAS

★★★★★ Novice

God, I hate my werewolf howling in cas. I wish I can tell them to shut up!

Message 4 of 15 (5,201 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruRitzy wrote:
@33Rapture
Could you please try without mods at all? Don't forget to delete localthumbcache file post removal of mods.

No difference without mods.

Message 5 of 15 (5,186 Views)

★★★ Guide

Did you know, Vampires also hiss every 30seconds, and Spellcasters pretend to cast spells every 30 seconds, it's normal it just may just take some time to get use to it.

Message 6 of 15 (5,117 Views)

★ Guide

It's not normal. It's excessive with Werewolves. I clocked it & in my game (vanilla no mods ever) the average time between howls is 7 seconds. SEVEN! 

With Witches & Vampires it's annoying & needs tuning.

Every few seconds is ungodly! 

Message 7 of 15 (5,098 Views)

Hero

This was confirmed by Nick on Twitter as issue they're looking into

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1537580442735431680

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (5,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would say to just go in your settings (Audio) and turn voices off so you can’t hear them howling and turn it back up once you finished. It worked for me.

Message 9 of 15 (4,796 Views)

★ Guide

this also applies to vampires and spellcasters, those animations are extremely annoying

Message 10 of 15 (4,647 Views)