by annlamo

Original Post

[W] Werewolf Fur color/texture turns black when downloading from gallery

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, Get famous, Seasons, Cats and dogs, City living, Get together, Get to work, Werewolves, Realm of magic, Vampire, Dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save a werewolf to gallery, quit and rejoin the game. Load the gallery of the werewolf into create a sim, start the game file
What happens when the bug occurs? The fur of the werewolf is completely voided out black expect for the eyes ears and nose. When going into full edit mode you can click the X on the paint tool which reverts it back to its original color but returning to play mode blackens the fur color again. Changing the paint/texture of the fur doesn't solve the issue.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to change my Wolf's fur color and keep it when I return to play mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kC3mM8ZpmDfBfSC6XLyH8ipr2mhe2sM9/view?usp=sharing 

Image shows My female Werewolf sim who is continuously turning black every time she transforms

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,755 Views)

Re: [W] Werewolf Fur color/texture turns black when downloading from gallery

★ Apprentice

I’m having this issue too! 😳

Message 2 of 6 (2,536 Views)

Werewolves imported from the gallery get pure black fur for some reason

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, get famous, dine out, vampires, realm of magic, strangervill, and werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Repair game (or starting the computer up), go to CAS (finding this in new game) and import a sim of the werewolf occult
What happens when the bug occurs? I added werewolf sim to a household gets black fur even if their fur isn't normally that
What do you expect to see? The beast form's fur goes all black
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This only happens after the first time you run the game after you turn on a computer or repair the game and not any other time the game runs after

Message 3 of 6 (2,055 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well. I uploaded my sim to the gallery and reloaded into the game. Taking the sim from my library and he looks like this. I hate having to remove the paint as I gave him scars for a story, but it's the only way for him to get his fur texture back.

02-17-23_1-35-25 PM.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,562 Views)

★ Guide

I can't make new tickets no matter how hard I try, I can only reply and this was the one I found that was closest to my issue so I'm putting it here.  I don't normally play legacy games so I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but all of the npc werewolves that have been aging up from babies to adults all have the no texture black fur happening.  All things I've found say that this bug is fixed but I'm still running into it so I'm not sure what's going on.

Message 5 of 6 (1,020 Views)

Black void werewolf bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

A user tried downloading my custom sim with a werewolf form, however when downloaded the werewolf form is only a black void with eyes. I then tried it out myself and lo and behold, in CAS it is a black hole for me too.

Message 6 of 6 (780 Views)