Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [W] Tree Hangout Area littered with books

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything as of 1st August 2022
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hang out near the tree pack hangout thing
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs get books out of it and abandon them
What do you expect to see? Tidy up the books
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. got the pack Standard smile

Experiencing this constantly in the Werewolf world!

There is a tree that you can get Pack Resources out of, which includes books.

NPC Sims will take books out of the tree, read them for a while, and then wander off without the book.

"Put In Inventory" is greyed out, because your Sim doesn't own the book.

"Put Away" causes a route fail because the tree is not a valid location to put the books away.

Please either make the tree valid as a book storage location, or make unattended books fade away over time. I beg u.

an existing, similar thread 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 1 of 5 (2,973 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [W] Tree Hangout Area littered with books

Hero

Added new Clean Up Books interaction on most genre books (not including homework or skill books) that are in the open street and not owned by the Player’s Sim . This will allow books to be cleaned up.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (894 Views)

All Replies

Books accumulating in Moonwood Mills

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in Moonwood Mill, just on the Moonwood Collective hangout,
What happens when the bug occurs? there is a table where you can barbecue, there are now dozens of werewolves books accumulated there without any option to remove them, not even steal them or devour them... only you can read them, but sims wont put them into their inventory and will dispose of them on the floor or table... I saw also some around the planters...
What do you expect to see? Those inventory items that sims autonomously use are a problem and should be fix or EA should give us a ''delete'' option under right click with testingcheats on perhaps, or something, cause it is getting old now, things accumulate everywhere, just of memory I cant say there are two bikes stuck in Henford on bagley, several clay blocks in every worlds, floating around, like above the water in Sulani or above a bench in Willow Creek etc... And I don't have the neighborhood actions plans anywhere, I made sure it was off in every neighborhood... I want all of those to be deleted and not have this issue no more. or at least a tool that I can use to deal with it myself.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It have been a while since things accumulate, now we need a tool to make a clean ourselves I believe.

Message 2 of 5 (2,507 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, I am experiencing this problem as well. I can't even use the picnic table because of how many books litter the table and I cannot  move them. This is really frustrating as I like to keep areas nice and neat. This is not nice and neat. I've noticed books laying around Moonwood Mill aside from the pack hangouts (I've had books laying around the Wildfang Pack location just like the Moonwood Collective) however, the pack hangouts are the main culprits.

10-21-22_7-07-35 AM.png

Message 3 of 5 (2,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think I've found a workaround for this problem.

Get the little house in Moonwood Mill, start reading the books at the packs hangout areas and while reading the books, go back to your house. Your Sim should keep the books while running back to the house.

After that, you can either place the books in your bookshelf or even you can sell the books in build mode. It's still not possible to take the books in your inventory, but that way, you can clean up the area a little bit.

Message 4 of 5 (2,024 Views)

Hero

Added new Clean Up Books interaction on most genre books (not including homework or skill books) that are in the open street and not owned by the Player’s Sim . This will allow books to be cleaned up.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (895 Views)