by AstralSeas

Original Post

[OPEN] [W] Sweater causing arm distortion for male sims

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living GPs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves SPs: Perfect Patio, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Vintage Glamour, Fitness, Laundry Day, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the patterned/graphic sweater from Werewolves on a male sim, enter live mode, and zoom out.
What happens when the bug occurs? My male werewolf sim gets a strange arm distortion while wearing a specific sweater from the werewolf pack. The swatch doesn't seem to matter, it seems to be male specific, but not werewolf specific. The distortion only happens when zoomed out, not when zoomed in.
What do you expect to see? A normal arm
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The save file was created with mods installed, which I then disabled during testing, but I'm not sure if that matters.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title 

Message 1 of 7 (2,405 Views)

Re: [W] Sweater causing arm distortion for male sims

★★★★ Novice

I've just dressed my male sim in this and have been noticing this ALL THE TIME!! I've attached an image of this for me as well. It goes away if I zoom in to him but then comes back if I pan off him again.

Message 2 of 7 (2,169 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm fairly certain this is the same issue that's happening with the basegame cardigan:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Belted-Cardigan-causes-Sims-to-stretch-to-the-side/td-p/1...

The zoomed in mesh for that item is fine, but the offsets on the zoomed out mesh are borked, causing the item to appear wonky and not aligned with where you expect the sim's body to be. Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (2,145 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Same issue Asset Name: ymTop_GP12SweaterDecal in case @crinrict If you want to add it to the title

Message 4 of 7 (1,649 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @gooochyeee,

As Crin is a volunteer here, please only @ her if she requests info from you.

For stuff like this you can absolutely @ myself or @EA_Solaire and We'll sort it out ASAP.
EACade
Message 5 of 7 (1,638 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@EA_Cade Okay sorry thank you sir
Message 6 of 7 (1,629 Views)

Unisex top from Werewolves breaks an arm

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: High School Years, Journey to Batuu, My Wedding Stories.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Sim wear this specific top, go to live mode, and zoom the camera out a bit.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I zoom out the camera, the arm of my Sim wearing this top becomes elongated and broken. The animations don't fix it, it always looks broken if the camera is not too close to the Sim.
What do you expect to see? A properly functioning arm, no noodle arms.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I finally bought Werewolves in the beginning of February and decided to have fun with the pack. I created a male werewolf Sim that wears this cute pink jumper (the top in question) for his everyday outfit. When I look closely at the Sim, nothing wrong happens - but when I zoom out the camera even a little bit too far, my Sim's arm breaks unnaturally. No matter what kind of animation happens - just standing around or even being kidnapped by aliens, his arm looks like a wet noodle. I attached both screenshots to fully explain what I mean.

(I searched through the full list of reported bugs so I know this hasn't been reported before.)

Message 7 of 7 (1,227 Views)