Original Post

Accepted Solution

[W] Sims get permanent negative moodlets from entering their house

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date (1.89.214.1030)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living GP: Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves SP: Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Create a household with a werewolf adult, a human child and a pet. 2) Move the household onto the empty lot in Moonwood Mill. The bug only occurs in this world, but possibly not every time a new household moves in. 3) Place any house on the lot. 4) Have the household enter the inside of the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? The werewolf gets the „Dangerous Scent“ moodlet, the child the moodlet from thinking they're being watched (forgot the exact name). Both moodlets don't have a timer to run out. The pet is also scared.
What do you expect to see? The household not to get tense or scared whenever they enter their own house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent Sims Delivery Express (June 23, 2022).

Comment: I unfortunately cannot attach any saves due to not having any access to a Google Drive or similar services. 

Ps. I had problems filling out the form on my electronic device, so I added the information manually.

Message 1 of 9 (1,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [W] Sims get permanent negative moodlets from entering their house

★ Guide

Now I can confirm: It was the Greg sign. I don't know whether this is a bug or a feature though.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,367 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@WingedSnek Did you build your own house there or download one from the gallery or is it just on the plain empty lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,434 Views)

★ Guide

I built my own house on the empty lot. I was just wondering whether the „Beware, Greg!“ signs (I don't know the actual name of the object), which you can add as decoration and I recently added in the garden, since a werewolf family lives in the house and I like the looks of it, might cause the bug. Maybe the game does not realize that placing the signs somewhere does not mean Greg is nearby and, thus, triggers moodlets you'd usually get around him. I'm gonna playtest it later today. But either way that would still be a bug, right?

Message 3 of 9 (1,425 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Which I forgot to add: In fact, no moodlet shows up when the lot stays empty. Just after I add my own house on the lot and as soon as they enter it. Standing in the garden causes no problems.
Message 4 of 9 (1,422 Views)

Hero
@WingedSnek Does it appear if you remove the signs ?

I can see the signs being the issue but I'm not sure this is a bug when you add them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,415 Views)

★ Guide

I'm gonna test that when I'm back home. However, the signs are no debug object, right? So it would be a bit weird if you cannot place a standard deco item (it is literally found in the decoration section if you filter it by pack) on your lot without that having negative consequences on your sims, especially with no information on the object description.

Message 6 of 9 (1,411 Views)

Hero
@WingedSnek I don't know. That will be for EA to decide :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,405 Views)

★ Guide

Now I can confirm: It was the Greg sign. I don't know whether this is a bug or a feature though.

Message 8 of 9 (1,368 Views)

★ Guide
@WingedSnek I want to correct myself here: The sign(s) are a debug object actually, which I did not realize. So, I assume it does act accordingly.
Message 9 of 9 (1,344 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help