by anoek27

Original Post

[OPEN] [W] Rampaging Werewolf checks phone all the time while running

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions except high school, all game packs except journey to batuu and wedding stories and half of the stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with a werewolf in rampage form and wait untill they run.
What happens when the bug occurs? Due to the new high school update, whenever an out of control werewolf is running, they will check their phones once in a while, but during the running animation.
What do you expect to see? A rampaging werewolf who doesn't need to check their messages every once in a while.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. UPDATE 7/26/2022 High School Never Ends ‌

Werewolf running bug which makes a rampaging werewolf check their phones quite often during animations. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (3,072 Views)

Rampaging Werewolf checks phone

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Pets, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Island Living, Get Together, Vampires, Dine out, Realm of Magic, Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have werewolf sim starting rampaging, wait for them to get the zoomies
What happens when the bug occurs? While running around town under the action "zoomies" sim will suddenly and randomly start checking their phone which makes the animation wonky.
What do you expect to see? Not to be checking their phone while rampaging around as a werewolf?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This one is just weird. I like the idea of sims checking their phones occasionally while walking around, but it's effecting werewolf sims to always check their phone even while running around on all four.

Message 2 of 8 (2,906 Views)

Werewolves using phones while running on all fours

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars: Journey to Batuu and Bust The Dust Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a Werewolf sim do "Zoomies" while Rampaging. Or just get a Werewolf sim run long distance in were-form.
What happens when the bug occurs? Werewolf autonomously uses their phone while running on all fours a long distance. They do it in Rampage state as well.
What do you expect to see? Werewolves not being able to use phone while running an all fours. Let alone during Rampage when they are not able to use phone at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Phone update that came with Update 07/26/2022 PC: 1.90.358.1030 / Mac: 1.90.358.1230 Console: Version 1.61

Werewolves defying laws of physics using phones while running on all fours. Plus their phone addiction so hard it overrides Rampage state where they can't use phones to begin with. I'm referring to autonomous idle phone use that all sims constantly do while walking/jogging after the phone update.

Message 3 of 8 (2,375 Views)

Re: Werewolves using phones while running on all fours

★★★ Novice

Haha yes... the addiction to the phone is that powerful lol

And they do really defy the laws of physics... not sure how they don't smash their faces into the ground. Maybe it's special powers from the full moon?

Message 4 of 8 (2,347 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [W] Rampaging Werewolf checks phone all the time while running

★ Apprentice
Same here, bug persists to this day.
Message 5 of 8 (1,587 Views)

★★ Guide

This is such a dumb problem. Just recently bought the werewolves pack. Was disappointed yet not surprised to see my sim check her phone whilst running on all fours, levitating.

Message 6 of 8 (1,322 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@anoek27 It's really annoying. I think Maxis need to delete the phone idle interaction while the sims are running (for both humans and occults).
Message 7 of 8 (1,310 Views)

Excessive use of Cell Phone

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

My Sim is a werewolf and when she runs around as a wolf she picks up her phone to text WHILE walking/running.

I mean. NO. It's so damn frustrating!

Does anyone know the sollution? 🙏

Message 8 of 8 (584 Views)