[W] Patched Punk styled outfit gives shorts instead of the pants shown

by arterialrainbow

Original Post

[W] Patched Punk styled outfit gives shorts instead of the pants shown

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, GF, IL, DU, ECO, SE, CoL, OR, SD, DO, V, PH, JA, SV, ROM, JTB, DHD, W, LSP, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, FSP, LDSP, MFPSP, MSP, TLSP, NKSP, PSP, TFK, CKK, BDK, COK, ILK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open CAS, select a masculine framed sim, go to styled looks, find "patched punk" from werewolves and select try this style
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of the sim wearing the pants shown in the styled look picture they're wearing feminine frame shorts
What do you expect to see? The bottoms in the styled look preview matching the bottoms that get put on the sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was originally using a modded save but it is also occurring on a new test save after removing the mods folder and deleting the localthumbcache. I tested it with a teen, young adult, adult, and elder with the same result.

Message 4 of 8 (941 Views)

CAS outfit showing incorrectly

★★★★ Apprentice

The outfit shows differently to what shows on the sim

Message 1 of 8 (851 Views)

Re: CAS outfit showing incorrectly

Hey @cypriano3,

I've moved your post to a more relevant board than EA General Questions.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (825 Views)

Re: CAS outfit showing incorrectly

[ Edited ]
Hero

I moved your post to the bug forum. Can duplicate this.

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (796 Views)

Re: [W] Patched Punk styled outfit gives shorts instead of the pants shown

★ Guide

The oddest thing is, I cannot locate either the pants or the cutoff version of this outfit anywhere. I wanted to see if maybe there were two versions and the outfit preset was just pointing to the shorts rather than the pants, but they're just not there.

I like the style preview outfit pants better than shorts for the long shirt/jacket style. 

Message 5 of 8 (879 Views)

★★ Guide

@SparkiekongI found the long jeans in the jeans category, base-game content:

20220813_222306_%pn.png

You probably can't find the cutoffs because they're tagged only for Feminine fashion choice:

20220813_222404_%pn.png

And to add another observation, the third and fourth swatches of this outfit are switched (look at the shirt colors):

20220813_222422_%pn.png20220813_222434_%pn.png

I think they did something to the styled outfits in a recent patch or with the SDX drop. I had recently checked all male styled outfits after HSY for another bug and didn't notice this issue. Also, looking at some youtube videos of the styled outfits when the pack came out, this outfit did not appear.

Message 6 of 8 (869 Views)

★ Guide

Wow! Thanks for adding that observation.

Message 7 of 8 (860 Views)

Hero
Note to self: This has been mentioned several times now I currently don't know if there's another thread on this.

Will merge when I find :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (833 Views)