by allycat26mouse

Original Post

[OPEN] [W] Packs don't repopulate new members/no leader

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.6
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to manage households and delete all of the pre-generated werewolves.
What happens when the bug occurs? New Moonwood and Wildfang members are never generated and the message "pack leadership is currently in transition" comes up whenever the packs are referenced, meaning that sims cannot join those packs because there is not a current leader.
What do you expect to see? I expect essential community roles to be filled with random new sims, such as the realm of magic sages or Father Winter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happens with the werewolves pack.

I like to delete all of the pre-made sims so my knowledge of what they are like doesn't influence my game (player knowledge vs. sim knowledge).  When this happens with other important sims (like Father Winter or the three main sims for Realm of Magic) the game fills those roles instantly with new, random sims.  With the werewolf packs, however, the packs just stay empty and this prevents new members from being accepted.  I haven't tested to see what happens if they all die, but it seems like this is kind of game breaking if you are trying to play a werewolf game.

Either make it so the roles/packs repopulate (I waited over a week in game and have seen others post a similar experience) or make them unable to be deleted (although this wouldn't help if them dying results in a similar situation).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 15 (7,110 Views)

Re: [W] Packs don't repopulate new members/no leader

Hero
@Avanthalas I haven't played that far but I agree that this will be a problem if you make an non-immortal Sim the pack leader and that one dies

I def would like to see some auto-adding to packs, even if it's just through Neighborhood stories.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (7,076 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I hope that if just the leader dies that another member becomes the new leader, but I don't know.  I meant that maybe that situation would happen if all of the pack members died?

Message 3 of 15 (7,043 Views)

Hero
@Avanthalas Clubs kinda have the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-Club-leader-is-too-old-or-dead-they-re-still-the-leade... so I don't think a new leader is created

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (7,040 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

1. download a werewolf from the gallery, play as him and use these cheats:

traits.equip_trait trait_WerewolfPackA

traits.equip_trait trait_WerewolfPackA_Leader

(packA is Moonwood Collective, packB is Wildfangs)

2.UI won't update the changes. Go to world and mark him as unplayed.

3.Play as him again, use this cheat:

traits.equip_trait trait_WerewolfPackA_Member

4.Play your own werewolf and let your own werewolf interact with him, join the pack, and claim pack leadership if you can.

5.Delete the "download werewolf"

That's where I found the solution and fixed my issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/velqzm/i_deleted_the_default_werewolves_and_now_pack/

Message 5 of 15 (6,976 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I deleted rory household. Now i have no way into the pack. I dont wanna undo all my.game time cause this is BS. I figured it would auto fill.

Message 6 of 15 (6,867 Views)

Hero
@allycat26mouse Have you tried equipping the trait to another Sim as suggested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (6,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this method, but it doesn't work for me. Frown

Message 8 of 15 (6,759 Views)

Hero
@KittaTheEngi Thanks for your feedback. I haven't tried personally so seems the workaround doesn't work for everyone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (6,706 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got sick of all the bugs in the game since high school rolled out deleted my game deleted all the houses and replaced the houses with how I made them. I didn't know the leaders of the pack would no longer be leaders, or new ones wouldn't spawn in. 

Message 10 of 15 (6,019 Views)