by EsperAngel

Original Post

[OPEN] [W] Celene Lopez not working at grimtooth bar

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest june patch (werewolves)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? move the grimtooth bar to another lot to use that nice mostly empty 50x40 lot and visit it with a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Celene Lopez does not appear if you move the lot or make another bar in Moonwood Mill. Visiting the lot as it is spawns at least one townie bartender who just hangs around sniffing their pits and howling. Moving the bar lot or modyfing it causes Celene Lopez to not work there anymore, cease to offer lycantropy cure drinks and doesn't offer her flavor texts when asked about moonwood mill, resulting in immersion and gameplay loss of a special NPC. Supernaturals still spawn correctly however
What do you expect to see? I expect to always find Celene Lopez working in bars in Moonwood Mill to offer her unique interactions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Only mod content I've started using are CC related to CAS items and removing them has no effect, no script mods or anything game altering or related to this pack in any way that I know of.
Honestly I find extremely odd to use one of the best/biggest lots of the werewolves game pack to house a very small bar and underground werewolf bunker, they could have easily fit it all in the 30x30 lot (which I did with minimal decor loss) and let us live our lumberjack/farming best life provided the unique characteristics of the grimtooth bar could be moved elsewhere. Moonwood mill is simply wonderful but having to decide between living in a cramped lot or lose gameplay and immersion elements is not a choice I'd want to make

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (5,115 Views)

Re: Celene Lopez not working at grimtooth bar

Champion

Perhaps more of a feedback item then a bug, but I do wish the unique elements of a pack’s bar were more transferable. The bar as placed from build buy offers neither the werewolf cure nor any of the food. Are those options attached to the lot? Fine, make it a lot trait we can apply. Don’t want it as a lot trait? Attach it to the bar object.

Wouldn’t it be cool if you could set your bar to serve different types of food/drinks (# of options based on # of packs) instead of all of them just offering the same enormous drink menu and nothing else when placed in a custom build?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 20 (5,056 Views)

Re: Celene Lopez not working at grimtooth bar

★ Guide
@PipMenace that would be ideal! slapping a trait on the lot would save everyone an headache, since lots of people, even those who never moved the lot, can't find Celene.
Or, since the communal lots of moonwood mill have a special tuning that beckons supernaturals, they could just add the elusive bartender to that
Message 3 of 20 (5,048 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

★ Guide

I am having the same problem with the wolf bar, generating a new werewolf bar worker each time I visit the bar. I had this happen in a game without mods I was playing for a short while. So the wolf bar is affected by this bug as will.

Message 4 of 20 (4,704 Views)

Re: Henford NPC's replaced by Randoms

★ Novice
@WingedSnek I started a new game in Moonwood, and Celene was not bartending like she should have.

The game took some Sunset Valley townies and generated a few others, but I never saw Celene the entire game. She was still in the bin (she didn't get randomly killed by a story), so it was just the game never choosing her.
Message 5 of 20 (4,525 Views)

Hero
@tommytiger13 I moved your post over to the thread on Celene.

The Henford issue is different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (4,513 Views)

Champion
@tommytiger13 I’m curious, did you ever spend an extended period of time at the bar, or just check in, see she wasn’t working, and leave again? I noticed after the first few times I played that she never seemed to be the FIRST bartender, but if I hung around the lot long enough for a shift change or two she would eventually show up.
She/Her
Message 7 of 20 (4,485 Views)

Re: [W] Celene Lopez not working at grimtooth bar

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue. Not sure if it's related. Celene is no longer working at Grimtooth Bar.

One of my Sims married her. After, she has no job. I also replaced Grimtooth bar with a better version from the gallery. I moved the family out of my households but she still doesn't show up to work. The bartenders that do show up are wearing similar clothes as her. I had a sim sit around for multiple shift changes and she never showed up. How do I get her back to working there?

Edit: I should note, I'm not intending to play her or her household. I was just wanting to make a more fleshed out NPC household. 

Message 8 of 20 (3,953 Views)

Champion

@Jeremy_GoneWild  "One of my Sims married her." - as soon as any NPC special character is moved into a played household, they lose their special role and are replaced. They don't get it back if you mark them unplayed again.

The problem is Celene doesn't actually seem to get replaced? The other bartenders don't seem able to help with werebies.

Did you have her briefly as a played Sim for the wedding? You might be able to reset her with cheats: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Premade-sims-losing-their-occupation-when-play...

She/Her
Message 9 of 20 (3,938 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PipMenace Thanks for the reply. Yeah I did briefly play the household, and I guess that's when she broke. I used fulleditmode in cas to make her married to the other sim, but I briefly played the household because I wanted her husband to be a pack alpha. I suppose I should've done that and moved the household back out of my played households before merging Celene into the family. At least now I know the correct way to edit special NPCs for the future.

Thanks for the link to the cheats to reset NPC occupations. I see most of those are for cottage living NPCs, which will probably come in handy for me, but I don't know what the specific career code for the grimtooth bar is. If you or another person reading this knows what that is, so I can use those NPC career cheats, that would probably fix my issue.
Message 10 of 20 (3,833 Views)