Re: Vulture droid second life problem

by matku555

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@EA_Gunner this still isn't fixed and still does not appear on the dev team's Trello board.

The longstanding bug with the non summoned vulture only having a 70% chance to assist is also not listed there.

Message 21 of 34 (727 Views)

EA Live QV Team

The issue is under investigation.

Message 22 of 34 (703 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 23 of 34 (691 Views)

★★ Novice

That looks like a different issue that is under investigation?

Message 24 of 34 (660 Views)

★ Novice

The investigated issue is worded as if the problem is buzz Droid stacks and that's not the case also where is the 70% assist rate number coming  from its not in  the vulture Droid definition  and not from the mal either prior to this issue  my vulture droids attack consistently without  issues now summoned ones rarely  do and the replacement  one doesn't  attack for me either we need this fixed especially  when progress  and rewards  hinge on this. I've lost multiple gac due to this bug where  one or two attacks from what should be attacking  already. Please get the ticket corrected  so this can be fixed 

Message 25 of 34 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

While Ticket #116011 may describe an existing problem, it does not accurately describe the problem being encountered by players in this thread.

The problem being described by players here is that the replacement Vulture Droid (from the death of the player's spawned Vulture Droid through the Swarming Terror ability) will never assist on an enemy with Buzz Droids through the Swarming Terror ability even when Vulture Droids spawned by Malevolence do (per the 70% chance). This is consistent and repeatable and appears to be occurring in all game modes per player reports in this thread. This bug can make an easy win become a quick loss, no doubt the cause of the frustration expressed by players here.

To aid in your investigation, I have recorded a video of a fleet arena battle with my Malevolence where my spawned Vulture Droid dies very near the start and is replaced through the Swarming Terror ability. Throughout the battle, this replacement Vulture Droid will never assist an attack on an enemy with Buzz Droids through the Swarming Terror ability even while Vulture Droids spawned by Malevolence do.

Platform: Android Phone
Device: Pixel 4 XL
Ally Code: 328-951-336
Connection Type: Wi-Fi

Message 26 of 34 (539 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there, is there any information in when this bug is being fixed? 

It is costing me crystals to climbe in the shards. I never had to do that before.

Thanks for the effort

Message 27 of 34 (499 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Insert coin to continue.

Message 28 of 34 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"Inserts coin"

Problem still very much there and nothing on the board seems to indicate CG being aware of it.

Message 29 of 34 (370 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I must say I am extremely confused in this thread by now. @EA_Gunner you already sent us more than one issue ticket that is supposed to track this problem (or even fix it), yet none of them have anything to do with what the problem is. The last one you sent is actually also pretty serious because you can't really know what enemy has buzz droids if they sometimes don't disappear, but again, not the same issue, not even close.

I reported the bug in game through the help "chat", upvoted here, I don't know what else we can do as players to get this actually looked at. When a bug makes players have an easier time than intended anywhere in the game, CG is always very quick to fix such bug. But this one only hurts players, it doesn't make anything easier for us so I guess it's not important enough to even log in the issue tracker for investigation?

Please, if you can't figure out the bug yourselves, let us know what you need, there is plenty of people who are being hurt by the bug all the time and by now there's also plenty of footage documenting it, including in this thread. I'm not sure how much more clear or detailed the bug report needs to be in order to be taken seriously.

But, I'll recap anyway, because apparently it needs to be repeated many times.

There are 3 types of Vulture droids in any fight with the Malevolence as the capital ship.

1) the actual Player droid, with stars and levels of it's own. This one is supposed to assist every time an ally separatist or droid attacks an enemy with Buzz droids on it. Not sure if it assists 100% of the time or only 70% (different bug again), but it does assist.

2) the droids that are summoned by Malevolence when it uses a special ability, through Malevolence unique "Let Them Come". These ones are supposed to assist 70% of the time when ally separatist or droid ally attacks an enemy with Buzz droids on it, and from my observation, the probability is about right and they do assist about 70% of the time.

3) and then there's the one Vulture droid, that spawns after the original Player droid dies, because of it's unique "Swarming Terror". This summoned droid, when you inspect it's abilities in battle (because there's nowhere else to inspect them), reveals it should also have a 70% chance of assisting when ally separatist or droid ally attacks an enemy with Buzz droids on it, exactly like droids in 2). But, this one never assists unless the attacker calls it for assist explicitly like Spy or Soldier specials, and it has nothing to do with there being or not being Buzz droids on the target enemy.

I really don't know what else you want from us to get this logged, I'm pretty sure at this point it is reported enough to at least suggest there could be something wrong, but it's still nowhere to be seen in the issue tracker, or even properly recognized in this thread. The bug has been in the game for at least a month now.

Message 30 of 34 (342 Views)