Vulture droid assist

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Vulture droid assist
OS Version 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 261774217
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Vulture droids not assist when a separatist ally attack an enemy with buzz droids debuff. Sometimes any vulture assist or sometimes 1 of 2 or 3 dont assist, this also happen when my vulture droid or a summoned one attacks an enemy with buzz droids debuff and they also dont have assist. This happen against nego fleet or malevolence sep fleet using my own malevolence
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? using malevolence with sep fleet in battle,
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country Argentina

dont have video but will try to record the bug

Message 1 of 38 (2,440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Vulture droid assist

EA Live QV Team

Hi @tonyelogro 

We have now brought this to the teams attention for further investigation.

Please also note, the summoned Vulture Droids only have a chance to assist when a Separatist ally attacks an enemy with Buzz Droids debuff.

View in thread

Message 2 of 38 (2,412 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @tonyelogro 

We have now brought this to the teams attention for further investigation.

Please also note, the summoned Vulture Droids only have a chance to assist when a Separatist ally attacks an enemy with Buzz Droids debuff.

Message 2 of 38 (2,413 Views)

★ Apprentice

There is no text in either description  of (malevolence or vulture droid) kits that describe a distinction between summoned vulture droids having a " only a chance" to assist, vs the normal vulture droid always assisting.

There is also no way to make any distinction between "summoned" vulture droids or called vulture droid on the battle field, either the enemies or your own, short of keeping track yourself.

Sometimes vulture droids never assist even if the opponent has a buzz droid debuff showing.  There is a bug with plo kloons cleanse that "removes" buzzdroids, but fails to remove them visually, creating confusion in battlefield decision making as to whether the unit actually has the buzz droid on them.

I fail to accept that this bug is working as intended, when there are so many other bugs that CG fails to fix or address.  Saying it is "WAI" seems like a lazy "we wont fix it" response, when there is nothing in the games descriptions to describe such mechanics to the players.

The summoned vulture droids have nearly always assisted since Malevolence was introduced. Only after cg "fixed" the bug of vulture droids not always assisting, did vulture droids have a significant  and noticable decrease in assists.  The point was to fix it, not make it worse.

Message 3 of 38 (2,357 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You can read the summoned Vulture Droid's unique during a battle, it states a 70% chance.

They have already confirmed the "main" Vulture Droid doesn't seem to be assist all the time though and are looking into it, so they are unlikely to respond again here. 

image0-77.png
Message 4 of 38 (2,340 Views)

[ Edited ]

@russdpipes To add to what EnigmaPotatoes said, any summoned Vulture Droid has the word "Summon" on their picture when you press them.

Furthermore, the "main" player Vulture Droid has blue stripes on the wingtips, which summoned one's don't.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Screenshot_20210321-215250~2.png
Screenshot_20210321-215250~4.png
Message 5 of 38 (2,331 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EnigmaPotatoes Even though there is only a chance, in my own observances the only time a summon does not assist is when that summon does not have overcharge and the attack is performed by another summon. There appears to be a 100% assist chance in all other scenarios.
Message 6 of 38 (2,294 Views)

★ Apprentice

I dont know that it always said that in game.  Something is shady, as you can see in the latest  update CG said it "fixed the problem".  Sounds to me like the only fixed it by changing in game kit descriptions  to match what is happening, rather than fixing the mechincs.   Ive been playing with malevolence since the day it was released and only since they "fixed" it,  has gotten worse.

Why would CG "fix the problem" if it is WAI?

Sounds like BS

Screenshot_20210323-094913_Brave.jpg
Message 7 of 38 (2,282 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry, but this answer seems completely off.

I've been using Malevolence for about a year for several daily battles.

Until the latest update, I've never seen my vulture droids fail to assist.

Honestly I wasn't even aware of the supposed 70% chance which have been highlighted here.

If you release a content update with the text "UNIT - Fixed an issue where summoned Vulture Droids would sometimes not assist against enemies with Buzz Droids."I would not in any way read that as you've reduced the assist chance from 100% to 70% to make it WAI.

If this is the actual change implemented, then write that, please.

I would still say that it's wrong to change something which have been working in a set way for more than a year, without any notice or flag beforehand. I haven't seen Vulture droid "too high" assist chance ever highlighted as a bug.

Message 8 of 38 (2,274 Views)

@russdpipes The kit description for the summoned Vulture Droids has said 70% since day one. They are also unable to inflict Buff Immunity, in contrast to the player version which can.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 38 (2,268 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am aware of the buff immunity difference, but as others who use malevolence daily for the last year have noted, there has never been an issue with summon droids not assisting every single time, up until this latest update, to which now they seem to hardly assist and make battles that much more rng dependent.

Point I made above was that they didnt fix summoned droids from not assisting, they made them always assist, and there has been nothing wrong with the way it was working from a power balance stand point, if anything this makes negotiator OP now.

Message 10 of 38 (2,260 Views)