Re: Vsync and screen tearing

by HintofSarcasm

Original Post

Vsync and screen tearing

★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Vsync refuses to stay active and the game has massive screen tearing issues.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start game, set everything to epic, then activate vsync. Exit settings, play game with massive screen tearing, then go back into settings and vsync is off. Repeat until you decide to get in touch with Respawn and have them fix it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game exhibits massive screen tearing, making the beautiful graphics meaningless in the face of massive graphical distortion/glitching.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a clean image when playing the game, and for the settings to maintain the settings I choose. From what I understand, vsync does not fix this problem, so I expect the publisher and developer to fix their game and make it so the graphics don't get all chopped up or distorted, especially on epic settings.

Fallen Order does not remember Vsync and exhibits massive screen tearing and distortion, making the game less of a joy to play. This needs to be fixed asap.

Message 1 of 4 (2,684 Views)

Hero

Apologies if I'm asking the obvious, but are you positive you have the latest video drivers? NVIDIA, for example, released drivers for JFO days before its release.

If you're still having issues after ensuring you have the latest, you might considering attaching a DXDIAG report.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 4 (2,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Texture tearing leaving triangles and lines everywhere.

This is Xbox one X so cannot see about downloading latest Nvidia drivers.

See attached

Message 3 of 4 (2,200 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this on PC too. Did you ever find a fix for this? 

Message 4 of 4 (1,124 Views)