by lucylucyhd

Original Post

Voice Slider resets in CAS for Male/Female household

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, tiny living, romantic garden, toddler atuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go into cas. 2. Add a male sim. 3 add a female sim. 4. Raise male sims voice 5. Switch to female sim. 6. Switch back to the male.
What happens when the bug occurs? The voice slider returns to the middle when on the 3 masculine tones after changing it with a female sim. When there is another male sim added, or they are with another male sim only, the voice is unaffected
What do you expect to see? The slider remains where I put it even when switching between sims or exiting CAS when with a female sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Before the update I do not recall my male sims voices sliding down when with a female sim in the household if I had it up high. I had tested turning off cc, but it still occured.  I only use custom content (hair, clothes, build items), and not any script mods. It's really frusating when I want to have a household made up of just a male and female sim, and want to have my male have a higher pitched voice than normal. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,392 Views)

Pitch altered when switching between Sims (in CAS)

★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Free Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two Sims in CAS, one with a very deep melodic voice, one with any other voice. Switch between the two.
What happens when the bug occurs? First Sim's (melodic) voices raises in pitch
What do you expect to see? Pitch staying the same
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Unlike in TS3, pitch range depends on the selected voice:

Sweet: -1.4 - 1.2
Melodic: -2.1 - 1.2
Lilted: -1.6 - 1.0
Clear: -1.0 - 2.0
Warm: -1.0 - 2.0
Brash: -1.0 - 1.76

When switching from a Sim with a very low/high pitched voice to one whose pitch value doesn't go that far (and then back), the pitch of the first Sim will be raised/lowered to the second Sim's lowest/higest available pitch floating point value - i.e. first Sim's melodic voice is raised from -2.1 to -1.4/-1.6/-1.0 if second Sim has a sweet/lilted/male voice (conversly, high pitched clear and warm voices are lowered if other Sim has a female/brash voice). Happens with other voices as well, but here it's most noticeable.

Message 2 of 7 (1,362 Views)

Re: Pitch altered when switching between Sims (in CAS)

Hero
@kusurusu Is this similar to what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Voice-Slider-resets-in-CAS-for-Male-Female-household/td-p/1022... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,330 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict well, in my case sliders move only a bit (without returning to the middle)
Message 4 of 7 (1,323 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu But other than that it's essentially the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,304 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict pretty much
Message 6 of 7 (1,301 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Finally thought to add a bug report for this and see some others are having this happen to them. I get this exact same issue with one particular sim every single time I enter CAS for that household. I've even tried recreating the household and dropping into a new game, but the issue persists. And every time I switch between editing him and his spouse, the slider resets again and I have to readjust it before exiting CAS. I've even tried this on two different platforms just to see whether it was a console-specific error, but nope...happens everywhere.

Message 7 of 7 (731 Views)