Visiting a Residential lot bug

by mysticalmaid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Visiting a Residential lot bug

★ Guide

If you replace a residential lot with one from the gallery, add a family, then have your sim visit..your sim will not get the option to "Knock Door" and instead the house will be instantly accessible.  Spoke to SimGuruDaniel who confirmed the house shouldn't be accessible until your Sims "Knock Door" and are invited in.  They are aware of it, but thought it should be added here too.

Message 1 of 4 (408 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Visiting a Residential lot bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is the same issue as the oen in this thread.   Lots in the libary and gallery are losing their lot type setting.  In short, to resolve this, after you place the lot and exit build mode, you need to change the lot type to residential.   You can either do this from the Manage World screens by selecting More (the three dots) - > Change Lot Type, or by re-entering build mode and setting the lot type through the lot information panel.   You will need to move the household out before you can change the lot type though.   

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (420 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is the same issue as the oen in this thread.   Lots in the libary and gallery are losing their lot type setting.  In short, to resolve this, after you place the lot and exit build mode, you need to change the lot type to residential.   You can either do this from the Manage World screens by selecting More (the three dots) - > Change Lot Type, or by re-entering build mode and setting the lot type through the lot information panel.   You will need to move the household out before you can change the lot type though.   

Message 2 of 4 (421 Views)

Hero

Thought about merging the threads but the symptoms are different so there's bound to be more.

I'll add the thread to the list for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (395 Views)

★ Guide

This is good information. Hopefully they will see your work and put it to good use.  Thanks both Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (378 Views)