Re: Viper's Bite Not Priming Properly

by Reposter

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Pro

I just tested again in Freeplay GM3. I was using Viper's Bite and I primed a Rocket Trooper with VB but I sprayed 3 Charges, 2 in a row and 1 after a short recharge because I only have 2 Charges. I tested VB again against a 2nd Rocket Trooper and this time I did the same thing but the RT did not get Primed... 

Then I tested against a Scar Enforcer. First time did not prime, but I got the Acid Aura from a Scraper, I think I sprayed a 2nd Charge at the Enforcer after a while and I did detonate an Acid Aura. I am not sure is it because I had an Acid aura first and hit the Enforcer a few times then use VB or some other technical reason. I tried to test against another Scar Enforcer and this time I did the same exact thing as the first Enforcer test, But the Enforcer did not Get Primed and Detonate an Acid Aura!

So I am getting inconsistent results with my tests, hope you understand guys.

Message 11 of 15 (781 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Reposter wrote:
What I am thinking is whether VB prime Boss like NPCs if you hit them with more than 1 Charge?

I think if they stack so 2 Charges should prime a Boss like NPC, but I am not certain, so basically this is my next essential question. I did Manage to Acid Prime a Scar Enforcer in GM3 before because of VB, I am quite sure of it but it was a one time thing. Look, if everyone is having the same Experience then I guess VB is working like that for everyone, I just wanted to make sure, hope you do not mind.

Status works on a stacking system. The number listed for status is the amount of stacks that are applied on any given hit to health. Once an enemy reaches their predefined threshold, they get primed with the given status, assuming they hadn't just recently been affect by that same status. Let's given an example.

Let's say we have three enemies,  A Rocket Trooper, an Elite Rocket Trooper and a Scar Enforcer.

For each of these enemies, let's just assume their stacks limits are as follows (this information is unknown and just for example sake):

• RT: 15
  • ERT: 15
  • Scar Enforcer: 30

Now you hit each one of them with Viper's Bite, Applying (up to) 15 stacks, as listed on the gear.

• The Rocket Trooper gets primed, because you hit the stack limit required.
  • The Elite Rocket Trooper does not get primed, due to his elite status granting him some status resistance.
  • The Scar Enforcer also does not get primed, due to a low level of natural resistance and not hitting the stack requirement.

Let's take the same targets and hit them with VB again.

• The Rocket Trooper is not primed as Acid is still applied or recently worn off.
  • The Elite Rocket Trooper Is primed since the stack requirement has now been met.
  • The Scar Enforcer Is not primed because the natural resistance prevent you from hitting the stack requirement.

Let's take the same example again, but with Acid Aura on this time. It's important to note here, that Interceptor's Aura does not Prime but will inflict status. For the sake of example

• The Rocket Trooper has acid Applied to it by the aura, before you ever cast VB. This prevent him from being primed by Acid, but still having the increased damage taken debuff.
  • The Elite Rocket Trooper get hit with aura ticks before you hit them with VB, The Elite resistance leaves them at a point where casting VB *should* be able to prime easier, but maybe not guaranteed.
  • The Scar Enforcer gets acid applied as you get in range, as his minor resistance don't keep the aura from applying status like bonus they'd get from being Elite.

It probably gets a lot more complicated than that, like stacks might decay and what not. but there's no way to properly test that at the moment.. so it's a big unknown and I don't want to speculate on that.. But hopefully those examples give you a better idea of what might be happening or why.

Message 12 of 15 (11,061 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@RubyJavelin I’m also pretty sure that if one had a friend also using an acid ability, that the stacks... uh, stack! 😂 (Add together) so priming could go faster. I do think there is a timer after which the stacks applied would drop off, but I’m not exactly sure if applying more stacks, by any means refreshes that timer.
Message 13 of 15 (730 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ChiraaKitteh wrote:
@RubyJavelinI’m also pretty sure that if one had a friend also using an acid ability, that the stacks... uh, stack! 😂 (Add together) so priming could go faster. I do think there is a timer after which the stacks applied would drop off, but I’m not exactly sure if applying more stacks, by any means refreshes that timer.

Oh, definitely would. But as far as examples go, I was just keeping it simple, using just the single person representation.

Message 14 of 15 (708 Views)

★★★ Guide

If it's freeplay sometimes primes just don't show up but are actually applied and you can still combo etc. This is a bug.

Message 15 of 15 (635 Views)