Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB Ram
Please select your region Asia
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Quickplay Random Mission
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 3
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Interceptor
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. When Playing in an Expedition be it Quickplay Random Mission or Freeplay
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24.05.20 20:35
Summarize your bug When I use Viper's Bite against Scar Enforcer or Scar Scout, the enemy does not get Primed with Acid. Only Scar Destroyers and Scar Scrapers get Primed by Viper's Bite.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using Viper's Bite against Boss like NPCs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Enemy does not acid primed by my Level 80 Viper's Bite.
What should be happening instead? All enemies without a Shield should get Primed with Acid by Viper's Bite.

Hi devs and guys, found a new bug. I just Started using my Level 80 Viper's Bite and find that Boss like NPCs like Scar Enforcer and Scar Scout do not get Primed by Vipers Bite. It works against the normal Enemy though, just noticed this today as it is my starting attempt at using Viper's Bite.

For your info and action, thanks.

Message 1 of 15 (10,692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Viper's Bite Not Priming Properly

Champion (Retired)

@Reposter wrote:
What I am thinking is whether VB prime Boss like NPCs if you hit them with more than 1 Charge?

I think if they stack so 2 Charges should prime a Boss like NPC, but I am not certain, so basically this is my next essential question. I did Manage to Acid Prime a Scar Enforcer in GM3 before because of VB, I am quite sure of it but it was a one time thing. Look, if everyone is having the same Experience then I guess VB is working like that for everyone, I just wanted to make sure, hope you do not mind.

Status works on a stacking system. The number listed for status is the amount of stacks that are applied on any given hit to health. Once an enemy reaches their predefined threshold, they get primed with the given status, assuming they hadn't just recently been affect by that same status. Let's given an example.

Let's say we have three enemies,  A Rocket Trooper, an Elite Rocket Trooper and a Scar Enforcer.

For each of these enemies, let's just assume their stacks limits are as follows (this information is unknown and just for example sake):

• RT: 15
  • ERT: 15
  • Scar Enforcer: 30

Now you hit each one of them with Viper's Bite, Applying (up to) 15 stacks, as listed on the gear.

• The Rocket Trooper gets primed, because you hit the stack limit required.
  • The Elite Rocket Trooper does not get primed, due to his elite status granting him some status resistance.
  • The Scar Enforcer also does not get primed, due to a low level of natural resistance and not hitting the stack requirement.

Let's take the same targets and hit them with VB again.

• The Rocket Trooper is not primed as Acid is still applied or recently worn off.
  • The Elite Rocket Trooper Is primed since the stack requirement has now been met.
  • The Scar Enforcer Is not primed because the natural resistance prevent you from hitting the stack requirement.

Let's take the same example again, but with Acid Aura on this time. It's important to note here, that Interceptor's Aura does not Prime but will inflict status. For the sake of example

• The Rocket Trooper has acid Applied to it by the aura, before you ever cast VB. This prevent him from being primed by Acid, but still having the increased damage taken debuff.
  • The Elite Rocket Trooper get hit with aura ticks before you hit them with VB, The Elite resistance leaves them at a point where casting VB *should* be able to prime easier, but maybe not guaranteed.
  • The Scar Enforcer gets acid applied as you get in range, as his minor resistance don't keep the aura from applying status like bonus they'd get from being Elite.

It probably gets a lot more complicated than that, like stacks might decay and what not. but there's no way to properly test that at the moment.. so it's a big unknown and I don't want to speculate on that.. But hopefully those examples give you a better idea of what might be happening or why.

View in thread

Message 12 of 15 (11,023 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Fairly certain this is not a bug.

Viper's Bite does not have the the 100 Status stacks to guarantee a prime. To add to this.. some units, like the mentioned Enforcers and Scouts actually have some resistance to status, making them a bit harder to prime. Going even further, if the enemies were Elites, as this units often tend to be in higher difficulties.. that increases their resistance further.

So no, Viper's Bite should not always be priming. Not all primers are equal, nor are they all guaranteed to prime.

Message 2 of 15 (10,616 Views)

★★ Pro

Where did you get the official answer from? Not trying to start an Argument or anything but How did you obtain your Point Of View? We need some Official clarification, no point just saying things without any word from the Devs themselves right?

Message 3 of 15 (10,609 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

The in-game stats, 1000s of hours of playing? Where else would I get them?

Viper's Bite doesn't have maxed status. It's right there on the ability.

Message 4 of 15 (10,581 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Reposter To be clear, if you look on the ability, Viper's Bite says Status 15, Venom Bomb, on the other hand says Status 60, Venom Bomb, therefore is much more reliable for priming. However, you can combine abilities make things more reliable. For example, Deathstalker Blades only have Status at 20, but you hit so fast it’s a very reliable primer. Pretty sure 60 is max status, so as long as something doesn’t have inherent resistance to the effect you’re trying to apply, it will prime when you hit 60. So 3 hits with Deathstalker Blades, one hit with Venom Bomb, etc.

Bosses could very well have 100% resistance if not debuffed in any other way. The monitor in Heart of Rage is a perfect example of this. If the boss isn’t debuffed by a colossus taunt, interceptor beacon, or poison, fire will not damage him at all (RIP my Storm's Binary Star).

So it’s not as simple as you hit things with a poison ability, but it does work pretty well most of the time. Also, Vipers Bite has the 7 ultimate charges per target hit perk... if you hit a big group, you’re pretty much guaranteed your ultimate. Having it guaranteed to prime would probably be unbalanced.

Message 5 of 15 (10,569 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ChiraaKitteh wrote:
 To be clear, if you look on the ability, Viper's Bite says Status 15, Venom Bomb, on the other hand says Status 60, Venom Bomb, therefore is much more reliable for priming. However, you can combine abilities make things more reliable. For example, Deathstalker Blades only have Status at 20, but you hit so fast it’s a very reliable primer. Pretty sure 60 is max status, so as long as something doesn’t have inherent resistance to the effect you’re trying to apply, it will prime when you hit 60. So 3 hits with Deathstalker Blades, one hit with Venom Bomb, etc.

Bosses could very well have 100% resistance if not debuffed in any other way. The monitor in Heart of Rage is a perfect example of this. If the boss isn’t debuffed by a colossus taunt, interceptor beacon, or poison, fire will not damage him at all (RIP my Storm's Binary Star).

So it’s not as simple as you hit things with a poison ability, but it does work pretty well most of the time. Also, Vipers Bite has the 7 ultimate charges per target hit perk... if you hit a big group, you’re pretty much guaranteed your ultimate. Having it guaranteed to prime would probably be unbalanced.

100 is the max, That's what Venom Storm has iirc. 60 is enough for a reliable primer too, because it applies 60 per tick of the the acid cloud, so it's basically a guaranteed prime. It's a little slower on Legendary mobs, but not by much.

Monitor gets resistance to whichever element he is, just like other elemental mobs get, but more because he's a boss.

Message 6 of 15 (10,555 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@RubyJavelin I was just trying to explain everything explicitly, since it didn’t seem obvious to the OP.

Message 7 of 15 (10,536 Views)

★★ Pro

@ChiraaKittehAre You trying to say this is the default Design Intent, or are you making an Educated assumption? Like I said I just started using Viper's Bite and have not really used much of Serpent's Veil yet, I am not arguing for the sake of Argument but maybe some Official Word would help put my questions and assumptions to rest... but as it is now I am fairly certain I can only Prime the Minions with Viper's Bite, whether this is intended intentionally Or not by the devs I do not know for certain, such is my direction currently.

Do you have any reference to some sort of Official Data Wiki or Website that proves Empirically that Viper's Bite is working as designed, I would like to see proper documentation, not to be rude or anything, but Thank You for your assistance on this matter.

Message 8 of 15 (10,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Reposter

You are not likely to get a response from a dev here, they read or have the feedback here sent to them, but they don’t generally reply to stuff here. This is a community forum. Wikis are generally also community sites. You can trust @RubyJavelin assessment, as they have probably done more actual numbers testing of the game than most of the community. Plus they post here instead of only on reddit, for which I’m grateful! ❤️

The most definitive thing I could find was in the Cortex Tutorial section '3. Combinations and Effects'

That section states: 'Weapon and gear that apply status effects have a Status stat in the Forge which indicates how quickly the status is applied. Different enemies have varying resistances that protect them from particular effects, and determine how long each takes to apply.' 

Reddit would likely be your next best source for additional specific tested info, but it’s going to again be based on player testing, and not the devs stating how things work numerically, as they generally don’t list mechanics that directly. Ultimately, only a limited number of people probably care about the exact numbers. Most players just want things to work fairly reliably.

So yes, I'm definitely saying this is by design. If you aren’t believing how Status effects have to stack before priming something, let me ask you, what do YOU think that 'Status' datapoint listed on every ability that primes means?

Message 9 of 15 (10,480 Views)

★★ Pro
@ChiraaKitteh What I am thinking is whether VB prime Boss like NPCs if you hit them with more than 1 Charge?

I think if they stack so 2 Charges should prime a Boss like NPC, but I am not certain, so basically this is my next essential question. I did Manage to Acid Prime a Scar Enforcer in GM3 before because of VB, I am quite sure of it but it was a one time thing. Look, if everyone is having the same Experience then I guess VB is working like that for everyone, I just wanted to make sure, hope you do not mind.
Message 10 of 15 (10,470 Views)