Viewing gear system crash

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6
OS Version 12.4.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 316174313
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Game freezes and crashes when viewing gear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a piece of gear and view it from the store or inventory
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Photo for view

DF633D5F-A6A2-4FE4-933C-82E171C4940E.png
Message 1 of 5 (440 Views)

Re: Viewing gear system crash

★★★★★ Apprentice

Me too. Already put in my ticket. Have seen others as well. I’m on Ipad Air wifi model MD785J/A. Fix this PLEASE!!

Message 2 of 5 (410 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hi all, thanks for the report. We have already flagged the initial delay when tapping on gear after logging into the game as a bug. We didn't manage to reproduce the crash on lower spec devices, but we are looking into it.
Just as a side note, I tested numerous times on iPhone 6 and the game didn't crash. Something to keep in mind when playing the game, to potentially avoid this crash is to make sure that you don't have any other apps running in the background, always fully close the game when done playing (don't just leave it running in the background until the next day), make sure your device software if up to date and maybe try a reinstall if you haven't performed a fresh reinstall of the game in a while.

Hope this helps while we work on this issue and happy new year!
Message 3 of 5 (367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA_MindTricks!

The delay is happening on my device (iPad Air 1st gen) every time after logging into the game.

The crash probability depends on the number of activities I'm doing in the game before tapping any gear icon. If I'm in the game for a while and doing some arena or other matches, the crash probability is getting much higher.

Message 4 of 5 (316 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing here. Also iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.3. Been happening for about 3 weeks since the last, I think since the last content update on 12/18 (could be more related to the server update, though). Almost always has a delay in viewing gear to purchase in shipments and sometimes crashes. When it happens, it usually pops up the gear description quickly, but the list below of who needs it is slow and or never shows up before crashing. When I restart the game, I usually see only the delay for the first 2 to 3 times I view a gear piece, than after that I see crashes.

Hope this helps, and thanks for looking into it!

Message 5 of 5 (259 Views)