Ventress AI bug

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? all
OS Version all
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 468-569-214
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Ventress AI still has not been fixed (over a year now)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with Ventress on auto, or against Ventress when she is defending.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country

Ventress's AI still has not been fixed/updated since before the Nightsisters rework (over a year now).

If in a team with non Nightsister teams, Ventress will continually try and heal the other team members. She used to be able to before the rework, but now, because she can't she just keeps on trying over and over again to no effect.

Also, Ventress will always do the AOE attack, even when there is only one enemy (especially noticable if you put her on auto in raids)

Message 1 of 7 (475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ventress AI bug

EA Live QV Team

Quick update:

We flagged the use of "Strike Fear" when the enemy has no buffs as a bug now.

The use of "Endless Wrath" under specific circumstances even when there is only one enemy left is working as designed. This is a result of Asajj trying to kill the opponent in order to refresh all cooldowns.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (393 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Volundz and thank you for the report.

Just to be sure we understand correctly what you meant: You are referring to Asajj's ability "Strike Fear", right? This ability is not only recovering health for Nightsister allies but is also removing all buffs on enemies, which is why Asajj is using it in the first place.

Regarding the use of "Endless Wrath", she shouldn't use it, if there is only 1 enemy left. Please keep in mind, that for example in the Rancor raid, the door panel is considered an enemy as well, which is why she might use the ability there too, despite the panel not being ready to be destroyed. Did you notice the use of "Endless Wrath" in a particular raid and phase?

Message 2 of 7 (454 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, yes I was referring to her Strike Fear ability. I use a mixed team in the tank AAT raid consisting of Ackbar, Commander Luke, Thrawn, BB8, and Asajj Ventress. When one of her allies' health drops below full health (usually Ackbar or BB8) Asajj starts spamming Strike Fear to try and heal them if I have it on auto. Including when the enemy has no buffs. I believe this is relic from before the nightsister revamp a year ago, because, before then, she used to be able to heal any other characters, not just nightsisters. This means that I cannot leave it on auto once any characters start to take damage to their health or her damage output is effectively halved because she tries to heal instead of attacking.

Yeah, she uses Endless Wrath when on auto in the Rancor raids, including when the panel isn't able to be targetted (and I think she does in the last phase also when there is no door panel). She also does it in Arena when there is only one enemy left. In both cases, yes it still inflicts defense down, but means she does much less damage than if she just used her basic.

Message 3 of 7 (447 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tested her on auto in the sith raid, and she does Endless Wrath when there is only 1 enemy left in there too.

Message 4 of 7 (438 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

We check with one of the designers to see if this is working as intended.

Message 5 of 7 (409 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Quick update:

We flagged the use of "Strike Fear" when the enemy has no buffs as a bug now.

The use of "Endless Wrath" under specific circumstances even when there is only one enemy left is working as designed. This is a result of Asajj trying to kill the opponent in order to refresh all cooldowns.

Message 6 of 7 (394 Views)

★★ Novice

Any idea when these might be fixed? They mean Nightsisters are less effective on defense in the Arena.

Message 7 of 7 (347 Views)