AMD or Nvidia Model Number 3070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Any
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Every day
Summarize your bug Using the vehicle repair system in a vehicle is not working as intended, the majority of the time it just gives you a very small and negligible amount of hp. I have seen it only give back 2 hp. Happens in every vehicle.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take damage in a vehicle, then use repair system. Most of the time it just gives a tiny sliver of hp back. Very rarely I've seen it give more.
What happens when the bug occurs? Repair system gives only a tiny amount of health back
What should be happening instead? I think the correct amount from BFV was 30 health received from repair system. In it's current bugged state it's useless.

Video: https://youtu.be/DHLD06in8pY

Message 1 of 11 (857 Views)

Re: Vehicle repair system gives only a very small amount of hp

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@JetGunsGoBrrr It's not supposed to repair hp, it's supposed to fix malfunctions instantly *snip*.

(CM: Edited to remove baiting portion)

Message 2 of 11 (822 Views)

★ Guide

To be a bit more detailed without insulting… Wink

The repair gadget ono vehicles works a bit different in this game compared to the last few titles in the franchise. It's working a lot more closer to soldier healing in Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V.

The short version:

- If you activate the repair, it will instantly repair broken parts (like engine, tracks/wheels, etc.).

- In addition, it will reset/start health regeneration and speed it up for a short while.

- If you get damage during the regeneration, the process stops and you'll have to wait once again for the regeneration to kick in (or use the gadget again).

Message 3 of 11 (806 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But sometimes the healing goes through fully and sometimes it instantly stops without gaining you any HP. I don't understand when what happens

Message 4 of 11 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@PortalWalker_GER Thats the confusing part. Sometimes it heals like 30+hp sometimes gives 1hp, sometimes kicks in the auto regen, sometimes not. Sometimes, sometimes, sometimes...
Message 5 of 11 (667 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Speculation: I don't believe this is a bug. Rather, each vehicle is made up of several parts and each has a certain amount of HP. For example 

Body: 1000 HP

Engine: 200 HP

Turret: 400 HP

Perhaps the part disabled doesn't occur at 0 HP though but at say 50% part HP and when the system repair kicks in it restores that amount of HP back. So if you took 100% HP damage to a part and that part represents 30% of the total HP of the unit then you would see 30 points of health restored.

This would account for the variation in HP restored.

Message 6 of 11 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@rainkloud Nope. Non of the parts is damaged(gets fixed after a few seconds) and still the amount repaired varies. Just like if I was damaged by something except I wasn't.

For a while I'm trying to figure out what stops the repair regen, but I cannot figure it out. The auto regen? Movement key? Crashing into sometginh? Reaching certain health? (color code). Its totally inconsistent and random.
Message 7 of 11 (629 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Requesting dev response on the matter.

Repair system just stops after activating, most of the time just giving 2 hp.

Message 8 of 11 (601 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've not been able to replicate this. I get 24HP each time with the only exception being when I take damage while the repairs are happening which ends the recovery (which is as intended). Are you playing on regular servers or Portal?

Message 9 of 11 (588 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just an update: I AM able to replicate the issue now while on regular multiplayer. While in Portal though it provides me with 24HP every time. I hope the portal version is the actual bug as 24HP recovery on a fast timer is a recipe for zombie vehicles. System repair's job should be to get your systemic damage issue fixed - not to give you and instant injection of HP (albeit it does take a few seconds for it to recoup). A couple of HP recovered is fine but 24HP is just going to unnecessarily extend the lifespan of vehicles that should be beaten.

Message 10 of 11 (564 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help