by Drk_Angel77

Original Post

Vampires will not feed autonomously

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33.202.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Vampires, Vintage Glamour, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea how to purposely replicate it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bug is constant. Vampires will not autonomously feed from any alternate plasma sources, regardless of availability, and only autonomously feed from other sims after frenzied. Will not feed from plasma fruits, or plasma packs, made or bought, in the sim's inventory, fridge, or laying around in the open world. Will not make themselves Plasma Janes. Completely ignores all alternate plasma sources, and acts as if there are none available.
What do you expect to see? Take plasma fruit/plasma pack out of their inventory, or get from fridge, or pick up from open world and drink until their need is fulfilled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Playing with Full Autonomy for my and other sims.  My vampires will not autonomously feed themselves.  They completely ignore any alternate forms of plasma except other sims.  They can have plasma packs, both bought and made, in their inventory, in the fridge, and laying around in the open world.  They completely ignore them.  They will also ignore plasma fruits.  Doesn't matter what world I'm in.  An example from living in the city; I watched my sim starve, go into a frenzy, run outside in the daytime and attack a random sim, then afterwards stand there and burned to death as I watched.  There were plenty of alternate plasma sources available, as described above, that they ignored.  Clicking auto solve makes them act as if there's nothing available to feed on. 

I cleared my Xbox cache, removed alternate MACs, uninstalled the game and add ons, redownloaded and reinstalled the game and add ons, fully power cycled the Xbox, and even created a new game using my saved human sim from My Library, and giving all new traits and aspirations.  Still the exact same issue.  Neither my turned human sim, nor other vampires will autonomously feed on alternate plasma sources.

Message 1 of 5 (1,653 Views)

Re: Vampires will not feed autonomously

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Drk_Angel77 Can you try selling all the plasma packs they have (from everywhere, inventories and fridges) and purchase new ones?

Try to not put any in the fridge, just leave them in the vampire inventory.

Message 2 of 5 (1,612 Views)

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper That solution is moot, as I started a brand new game, worked my way up to unlocking plasma packs on both sims, (Lilith and my created sim), and bought/made plasma packs from scratch. I tested all possibilities, (leaving them out, leaving them in inventory straight from buying or making them, putting them in fridge). They will not acknowledge that the plasma packs exist, and only use them if I manually tell them to drink.
Message 3 of 5 (1,604 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Drk_Angel77 Have you sold all the plasma packs that you bought and made and just tried using newly purchased ones by themselves without the crafted plasma packs in the inventory?
Message 4 of 5 (1,593 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I have, and they still won't automatically drink them.  I have to go into their inventories and forcibly make them, even if they're in the red.  If I try to auto solve, they give the fanged mouth expression bubble, and the confused John Travolta.

Message 5 of 5 (1,350 Views)