by MrM3rry

Original Post

Valkyrie Birthright Skin Visual Glitch

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? P3R1QU1T0
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Valkyrie
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Firing Range, Storm Point
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing as Valkyrie using the Birthright skin while inspecting/using various guns
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It happens everytime
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since the start of Season 11 (Escape)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? VTOL Jet controls obstruct the view, the issue is more noticeable when using pistols / smaller SMGs (P2020, RE-45, Wingman, Alternator, R-99) and it becomes a bit difficult to see thus affecting gameplay. Worth noting the bug is there while using any weapon, it is just more noticeable with smaller ones since both hands are clearly visible onscreen.
What should be happening instead? VTOL Jet controls should NOT obstruct the view and remain retracted while using a weapon as it does with every other Valkyrie skin but Birthright
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load in as Valkyrie and equip the Birthright skin, go to the firing range and equip any pistol. It should be noticeable from the get-go, but ADSing or inspecting a weapon makes the issue more clear.

VTOL Jet controls obstruct the view, the issue is more noticeable when using pistols / smaller SMGs (P2020, RE-45, Wingman, Alternator, R-99) and it becomes a bit difficult to see thus affecting gameplay. Worth noting the bug is there while using any weapon, it is just more noticeable with smaller ones since both hands are clearly visible onscreen.

It does not happen when using other Valk skins, only Birthright.

Message 2 of 9 (1,507 Views)

Valkyrie Birthright skin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Rx580x
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MrM3rry
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. none
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Valkyrie
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. any
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. any point in game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11/02/2021.... 11/03/2021
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? the handles for the jet pack are always present when using the Birthright skin.. (ie.. when running, when gun is out) so far only skin iv seen the bug on
What should be happening instead? fix the skin bug???
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? hop in game with the Birthright skin equipped

the handles for the jet pack are always present when using the Birthright skin.. (ie.. when running, when gun is out)
so far only skin iv seen the bug on

Message 1 of 9 (1,506 Views)

Re: Valkyrie Birthright Skin Visual Glitch

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the post, this is known and tracked. I picked Valk for me first game in the new season so I have a new time-to-bug record.

@MrM3rry I went through a bunch of skins, it does indeed only seem to affect Birthright. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 9 (1,472 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Of course this would have to happen with the single coolest skin in the game... well, time to run looking like a bug for a while I guess
Message 4 of 9 (1,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Awesome thank you for the update @EA_David 

Message 5 of 9 (1,411 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_David It's been 2 weeks now and still no word of a fix? I've paid 20 bucks for this skin and can't use it and have to use an ugly common skin instead atm. How long is it going to take for this issue to get fixed?
Message 6 of 9 (1,243 Views)

★ Guide
Message 7 of 9 (1,194 Views)

★ Novice

still buged, will there be a fix for this? the skin was not free. We pay for it.

Message 8 of 9 (1,055 Views)

★ Novice

for anyone interested. In the "Raiders" event patch notes they specify that the bug has been fixed. Greetings to all.

Message 9 of 9 (683 Views)