Re: VR Headtracking Stuttering - Cockpit

by grandmasterseppe

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@M3GATR0N361 Thanks for the hint. I have 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram which was running at lower speed first. Shortly before your answer I activated A-XMP and tried a online match. Stuttering still occurs. The only thing which improves the situation is to lower vr resolution scaling to 0.8 (standard scaling before patches). In this case the game can tolerate more death/respawn cycles until the stuttering occurs. I have the feeling that there is a memory management problem. However looking at VRAM usage does not indicate something special. Did you get rid of the stuttering at all? Is anyone owning a graphics card with more than 8 GB VRAM and not experiencing the stuttering?
Message 91 of 93 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@grandmasterseppe Nah, I've got an RTX 3090 with 24GB VRAM and 64GB of System RAM, Core i9 9900K CPU, NVMe SSDs and still get the stuttering in VR (HP Reverb G2). In flatscreen mode (3840x2160 resolution, graphics options maxed) there is no issue. That said, the VR resolution is quite a bit higher than that, although even lowering it really low doesn't seem to get rid of the stutters in VR completely.

What I also notice that at times, my VR view seems to be resetting to completely insane angles.

Message 92 of 93 (352 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Cave_Waverider Thanks for your reply. There is definitely something wrong with online fleet battles. EA please have look at this issue. It is a pity that the main online mode is plagued by these issue.
Message 93 of 93 (325 Views)