VOIP not disabled despite being off in audio menu.

by Sambafix

Original Post

Re: BFV VOIP Not working correctly when set to off position

★★★ Guide
Happened to me too. Thought it was user error at first.
Message 11 of 23 (513 Views)

Re: VOIP not disabled despite being off in audio menu.

★★ Novice

This happens with me after every match. The settings reset and VOIP is enabled again.

Turning it on and off fixes the issue until the next match. 

I've discovered that if you mess with other audio settings, it turns off VOIP as well (if it was as "off" in the first place).

Message 12 of 23 (485 Views)

VOIP always work as ON on new game, even if its OFF in Settings

★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Audio Settings - VOIP
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) This behavior from the first day of launching the game.
Summarize your bug VOIP always work as ON on new game, even if its OFF in Settings.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have connected PS4 Camera with microphone. 2. Start BFV, in Settings switch VOIP to OFF. 3. Close BFV. 4. Start BFV. 5. Start Multiplayer game, see that VOIP works. 6. Open Settings, switch VOIP to ON, than to OFF, see that VOIP not worked. 7. Exit game, start new game, see that VOIP works again.
What happens when the bug occurs? On multiplayer game start, VOIP settings work as always ON, regardless of the position of the switch in settings.
What should be happening instead? VOIP settings must work as intended.

This behavior from the first day of launching the game.

Message 13 of 23 (499 Views)

Re: [PS4] VOIP Off doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It was still an issue yesterday, and I don't see it mentioned in today's patch notes.

I were to add that you'll need to be without a party to reproduce the issue when it hit me that being in an empty party might also work as a workaround while waiting for it to get fixed.

That would of course only fixes it for your - people who's the only in a squad with a mic will still share their eating sounds, conversations with loved ones, etc with everyone without being aware of the issue and they lack of privacy.

Message 14 of 23 (492 Views)

★★ Novice

This is extremely annoying. You can get round it by either muting all squad mates, but also by going into settings, turning VOIP back on, then back off again. That works for that server, but you have to do it every time you go into a new server. As you say, you can hear personal family conversations and stuff going on in the background which squad members are no doubt unaware of. DICE, please fix this!

Message 15 of 23 (479 Views)

Community Manager

I've merged some of your posts together so they're all in the same place. The team is aware and looking into it. If we have any updates on this we'll let you know as soon as possible. 

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 23 (463 Views)

★★ Guide
I tried . Doesnt work. Xbox ONE fat here
Message 17 of 23 (442 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi - I was hoping that this issue would be fixed in the latest 'debug' patch, but alas, no.

Message 18 of 23 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same for me (ps4).

Part of the problem could be that I am using normal headphones (Bose QC 25 for Android) which have no on/off switch for mic input.

Game receives mic input and switches on the Voip option automatically (?)

Message 19 of 23 (406 Views)

VOIP setting broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Airborne
Please select your region South America
On which server did this happen? Not server related.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Every time, it's easily reproducible.
Summarize your bug The VOIP setting is always enabled when starting the game, even though it was turned it off previously.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Switch VOIP OFF in the settings. Quit the game. Open the game. Join a server. Join a squad. Hear other people's voice.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's possible to hear other people's voice when the VOIP setting is set to OFF. To work around it, I need to switch ON then OFF again. Every time I start the game.
What should be happening instead? VOIP should be disabled when it's OFF.

No need for additional information.

Message 20 of 23 (387 Views)