Re: [VGSP] Butler's wages accumulate unpaid while playing other households

by xjodielaura

Original Post

[VGSP] Butler's wages accumulate unpaid while playing other households

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a butler in a household. Play other households for a sim-week or more. Return to original household and play until midday on the following day.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the butler's wages come due midday, the butler charges an enormous amount instead of his usual wages. For the Fengs' butler, the butler normally charged between S200 and S300 daily. After playing other households for a few sim-weeks and returning to the Fengs, a special notification appeared saying: "I regret to inform you that my customary daily remuneration has not been paid in full. As a courtesy I've added S6,999 to this week's household bills. Failure to deliver on owed wages via remittance will be regarded as an unspoken termination of the butler service agreement." Then, not just S6,999 of wages was deducted-- the household's entire holdings (around S12,000) was reduced to zero. The Fengs had definitely paid the butler every day (automatically) during the last week that they were played, several weeks ago. There is no way to pay the "remittance" that I can find. Victor tried giving a gift of S500 to the butler but it was received very badly: double minus points to their relationship.
What do you expect to see? Butler only charges for days the household was played.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I surmise that the butler has been charging daily wages for the entire period I was playing other households (10-12 sim-weeks).

Here is a thread from 2017 describing the same problem, also with the Feng household and rotational play.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920111/expensive-butler

Here is the notification I received.

Screen-Shot-2021-09-16-at-8-54-27-PM

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (1,508 Views)

Re: [VG] Butler's wages accumulate unpaid while playing other households

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have had butler take as much as 50k or around that range. This also happened when returning to the household in a rotational save.

Message 2 of 6 (1,473 Views)

Champion

I haven't seen this happen, but the three households where I have a butler have several hundred thousand to millions in their household accounts. I also do really long rotations though, I have so many households, by the time I return to the same butler a sim year has passed and they probably forgot all about previous bills.

Message 3 of 6 (1,420 Views)

Hi @simvasion , I have a long rotation too, about 12 households and I play each household for a week. About 3 sim years per rotation.

Message 4 of 6 (1,382 Views)

★★ Guide

Hey I’ve just started having this problem. I play rotationally and when I come back the butler charges about £28k on the first Mondays wages. 

im on console (ps4) so no mods involved 

Message 5 of 6 (1,270 Views)

★★ Apprentice

124K billed, I stopped playing and didn't save, then went to the one I had just played abd got a message saying "I don't work for free" Even though I hired it and payed.

Message 6 of 6 (724 Views)