by stjmk

Original Post

[VGSP] Butler dies because of cooking loop

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dogs and cats, Season, Get together, city living, island living, get to work, Realm of magic, Vampires, dine out, Outdoor retreat, cool kitchen, Vintage Glamour, Perfect patio, tiny living, paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a butler.
What happens when the bug occurs? The butler got stuck in a loop cooking food over and over again until starvation. This happens to controllable sims from time to time but I can always interrupt the loop myself by telling a sim to sit down. I did not even notice the butler had a issue until the camera panned over to him as he was dying while he had food on every counter even counters that where already occupied like placing a cooked dish under a tea pot. This caused wide spread sadness in the household even the toddler was sad.
What do you expect to see? The butler cook 1 meal, eat then move on to other tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I never had a service sim starve before so this is a new bug to me but related to the known cooking loop bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 4 (568 Views)

Re: Butler dies because of cooking bug.

★★ Pro
@Shanaya15234 So, the first death from the cooking bug was... the butler!
Message 2 of 4 (524 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hello! I believe that what you’re experiencing is the following bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cook-but-don-t-autonomously-eat-cook-more-eat-quick/...

SimGuruNick confirmed that the issue is being investigated, therefore we can expect a fix to be released sooner or later Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (485 Views)

★★ Pro
@ImKersha It's related to that cooking loop bug, but as noted, a service sim actually starved to death. So, this bug can actually cause sim fatalities.
Message 4 of 4 (445 Views)