by izzylee388

Original Post

[V] Vampires don't show dark form when off the active lot

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except discover university, eco lifestyle, snowy escape, star wars, strangerville, kids room stuff, mochino stuff, my first pet stuff, knifty knitting stuff, tiny living and toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you play as a vampire and try to feed on someone off the active lot and then on the active lot you can find the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampire goes to drink plasma from another person but before she does that she doesn't turn into her dark form off the active lot. When she is on the active lot she automatically turns into dark form before feeding.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my vampire to show dark form everytime before drinking plasma from other sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been playing with a vampire for a while but now i started noticing this. She doesnt turn into her dark form before ''compel to drink large amount'' or ''compel to drink small amount'' or ''drain life spirit'' when off the active lot (like the middle town square in Forgotten Hollow. I use mods and cc and i tested my game also without mods considering they might be causing this. When i play without mods/cc, she sometimes shows dark form sometimes doesn't when off the active lot but always shows dark form when on the active lot. I don't understand what the difference might be.

Update: Vampire doesn't always turn into dark form before feeding on the active lot either. She also turns into dark form sometimes off the active lot as well.

Update: Sims sometimes don't collapse after a vampire performed ''deep drink'' on them.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (451 Views)

Re: Vampires don't show dark form when off the active lot

★★★ Guide

This has been a randomly occurring bug for a long time - it just seems to happen more frequently in the past few months (after one of the relatively recent updates). Sometimes they change into dark form like they should, and then sometimes they don't. It appears to depend on what they're doing when you tell them to drink and what mood they're in, but because it's a bit random I haven't found any way to lock down exactly when it works and when it doesn't.

I have a club for vampires where one of the activities is to drink blood, and even then they sometimes won't change form before biting.

But at the same time a lot of my NPC vampires are stuck in dark form at all times.

Message 2 of 2 (398 Views)